VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by yazmo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello guys first let me thank you guys for this forum and this great tools

i am trying to load old cd-rom from joystick magazine and Gen4 magazine, these come with multi game app and they always had a demo and menu for navigating inside the cd-rom
now i just found a source of those cdrom img of these very old cd-rom magazine. both is kinda semilar
but i am having some problem here and there, i could manage to start a few demo, but my main goal is to make the menu on the cd-rom to start like it use too
im trying to find a music that was runnnig while you start the cd-rom
grab one of these 2 - https://www.abandonware-magazines.org/affiche … ?mag=30&page=12 grab number 66 joystick
or - https://www.abandonware-magazines.org/affiche … ?mag=27&page=11 grab number 73 Gen4
i use gburner virtual drive to mount the img , mount the cd-rom using e e:\ -t cdrom then e: and dir/p and look all the file in there
but i cannot see the file for starting the demo menu, i can start few game here and there, but i am looking of the navigation menu for a musique inside,
not even sure if its the right CD as for right now, since i cannot get the Demo menu of the cd-rom to start. i have access to the game inside but not the nanivation menu. is there a way around this!
bcuz so far from what i remember i know the file i am looking at was not in wave or midi format, i remember trying to look for it back then 1995
also some file say it need microsoft to run.
probably older windows but windows 10 do not want to start those file!

lastly some of the demo file play but there is no sound and if i try to load under windows i get an error saying im on 64 bit version and its incompatible
any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• error_04.png
    Filename
    error_04.png
    File size
    113.24 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    some error
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • error_03.png
    Filename
    error_03.png
    File size
    607.06 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    some error
    File license
  • error_02.png
    Filename
    error_02.png
    File size
    557.2 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    some error
    File license
  • error_01.png
    Filename
    error_01.png
    File size
    148.76 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    some error
    File license

Reply 1 of 1, by Oetker

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Look inside autorun.inf, older Windows versions automatic ran the command in there.
And yes, 64 bit Windows does not support 16 bit code, there's workarounds but you're best off using a Windows 98 VM I'd think.