VOGONS

First post, by CoNsTaNtInE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys,

The title-combo worked fine for the first game but not on pt. If I use just the widescreen fix I get a weird water flickering-shadow bug. Dgvoodoo alone fixes this but can't force 4k resolution. Plus I miss the night vision res fix.

Both of them work but not at 4k. If I set 3840x2400 at the widescreen fix file the game crashes. 1920x1200 works.

If I force 4k through dgvoodoo and set the widescreen ini to 0x0 and make it read only, the game defaults at 1920x1080. My native res is 1920x1200. I'm using dsr.

Same issue at github.

https://github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/issues/600

Reply 1 of 3, by CoNsTaNtInE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, upon further testing, the culprit is the night vision fix. To be able to enter the game with a resolution of 3840x2400 at the widescreen ini, I had to lower the night vision res value to 2266.

At the second level I had to lower the value a bit more cause I was getting a critical error right after using the thermal vision.

Also to correct myself, i can force 3840x2400 through dgvoodoo. It's just that the widescreen fix doesn't work at all. The picture looks compressed.

If anyone has any idea, chip in. Don't be shy:p

Reply 3 of 3, by CoNsTaNtInE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KingSyphilis wrote on 2020-08-09, 15:58:

You may be hitting a memory limit? Try enabling Large Address Aware.

The game uses around 250mb of ram, so I don't think it's that. Appreciate the reply though!