VOGONS

First post, by Jackhead

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I looking to disable my cpu cache for some older games but i dont find a option in my bios.
On websearch there is a info pressing alt+F1 or Shift+F1 and STRG+F1 but nothing happen.. Is there another combi or have my bios no hidden settings?

Dos 6.22: Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 Rev 2.0 1Mb L2 - AMD A5x86 X5 ADZ 133MHz @160MHz - 64MB RAM - CT2230 - GUS ACE - MPU-401 AT - ET4000W32P
Win98SE: Asus P5K-WS - E8600 @ 4,5GHz - Strange God Voodoo 5 6000 PCI @ 66MHz PCI-X - 2GB DDR2 1066 - Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 1 of 1, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think that you can unblock disabled settings by saving the BIOS to disk, then editing a copy of it using AMIBCP (if I understand right from the thread about that utility) and them updating the BIOS with the edited version (if you are comfortable doing that). I know version 3.13 is available online and works in Windows, but I haven't tried it yet myself, so hopefully someone will confirm it.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.