VOGONS

First post, by skel2raw

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys,
I recently bought a Turlte Beach Cancun FX wavetable daugtherboard NOW CIB. Today I found the time to install into my retro pc. The daughterboard itself works. However, when I was about the install the software on the CD I couldn't find a serial number on the CD inlay. Somehow the serial disappeard throughout the years.

Does anyone have a serial number for the Cancun FX applications CD?

Thx!

Reply 1 of 5, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No serial in or on the manual... or on the registration card?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 5, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Pretty sure I read about someone successfully contacting Turtle Beach about something like this relatively recently .

It's worth a shot .

EDIT: Found the post : Re: Turtle Beach Montego II Unboxing

If you could confirm Turtle Beach allow it for this product's serial number too, somebody might be inclined to share their serial number

Reply 3 of 5, by skel2raw

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Unfortunately the serial number on the cd inlay either was never printed on it or the ink disappeared throughout the years.
I just tried installing with the serial number from my other Turtle Beach products and setup went through. I wonder whether the setup program installs anything specific depending on the serial used or it is just a check to let setup run through?

Reply 4 of 5, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It is indeed just a check. As long as the installation runs after that, you're fine.

skel2raw wrote on 2020-08-18, 14:12:

Unfortunately the serial number on the cd inlay either was never printed on it or the ink disappeared throughout the years.
I just tried installing with the serial number from my other Turtle Beach products and setup went through. I wonder whether the setup program installs anything specific depending on the serial used or it is just a check to let setup run through?

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!

Reply 5 of 5, by Ulfenknulfen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all

I know - old Thread... but - could i have a copy of cancun-FX driver CD?

best regards
Ulf

🎵 Waveblaster Adaptor for IDE-HDD Swap Frames
🎧 Beepblaster 1.0 Wavetable Module
🎶 Roland MT-32 Buffer overflow Hardware Fix
🕹️🖱️USB HID Devices on PS/2 and Gameport.