VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,

Is there a guide on how to get the GOG version of MotoRacer working on a Windows 98 machine with a Voodoo2?

Alternatively is there another website I could purchase a legit copy from that would work?

I’m getting the following error when I click Solo play with the GOG version.

TIA for any help!

Attachments

Reply 1 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Chadti99 wrote on 2020-08-27, 01:31:
Hello, […]
Show full quote

Hello,

Is there a guide on how to get the GOG version of MotoRacer working on a Windows 98 machine with a Voodoo2?

Alternatively is there another website I could purchase a legit copy from that would work?

TIA for any help!

Did you install the game on the machine, I think you should trace the registry when you install it natively. The original CD worked fine on current gen OS, and I just had to put the CD. There should be registry or configs regarding CD.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 8, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-08-27, 03:53:
Hello, […]
Show full quote

Hello,

TIA for any help!

Did you install the game on the machine, I think you should trace the registry when you install it natively. The original CD worked fine on current gen OS, and I just had to put the CD. There should be registry or configs regarding CD.

Okay I just tried an “original” CD and the game freezes when I click Start at this screen. So I’m getting a bit further. This is with the 3.22 patch applied that is supposed to fix freezing issues with Voodoo 2.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Chadti99 wrote on 2020-08-27, 11:24:
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-08-27, 03:53:
Hello, […]
Show full quote

Hello,

TIA for any help!

Okay I just tried an “original” CD and the game freezes when I click Start at this screen. So I’m getting a bit further. This is with the 3.22 patch applied that is supposed to fix freezing issues with Voodoo 2.

I used a D3D card so I am not sure, I think you should reinstall the drivers, both DX and Voodoo

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 5 of 8, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
filipetolhuizen wrote on 2020-09-09, 00:05:

Try an earlier V2 driver as well. The latest ones tend to be buggy.

Thanks for the reply! I thought I had followed up here but I had to use the following switches when launching the game.

-3DFX -NoPal256 -Alpha

Works without issue now! I hope this helps someone else.

Reply 6 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good to know. Back at the time when I finally had a chance to try this patch I wasn't using the voodoo 2 anymore, but it was still very useful as the unpatched game was incompatible with Geforce cards as well.
If you're using the -3dfx parameter and the game works now, make sure it wasn't trying to use your primary card. If it actually was and there were lock-up issues, there might be a problem with your primary card drivers.