VOGONS

Windows 95 ISO

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by WBM1992

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I'm looking for Windows 95 ISO file to emulate Windows 95. I got some on winworldpc but they had a bug with sound. the virtual machine would make loud beeping sounds.

If someone has one that works and would care to share it, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
WBM1992

Reply 1 of 3, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
WBM1992 wrote on 2020-09-11, 14:56:
Hello, I'm looking for Windows 95 ISO file to emulate Windows 95. I got some on winworldpc but they had a bug with sound. the vi […]
Show full quote

Hello,
I'm looking for Windows 95 ISO file to emulate Windows 95. I got some on winworldpc but they had a bug with sound. the virtual machine would make loud beeping sounds.

If someone has one that works and would care to share it, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
WBM1992

Requesting and/or sharing copyrighted software is not allowed here . See the terms of use at the bottom of each forum page .

I suggest you purchase original official install media and license .

Reply 2 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
WBM1992 wrote on 2020-09-11, 14:56:

Your question is unclear. The term "ISO file" is generally used to refer to a CD image. If you are looking for an image of a Windows 95 installation CD, then it is unlikely any "ISO file" you can find will somehow be less buggy than any other "ISO file".

Are you looking for a virtual machine with Windows 95 pre-installed? That is not generally referred to as an "ISO file". There's really no better name for such a thing than "virtual machine with Windows 95 pre-installed", or maybe "virtual machine image".

In any case, distribution of both installation CD images and virtual machine images is piracy and tends not to be discussed openly.

If you are having trouble with virtual machines, then perhaps you should provide more details. Are you using VMware, or PCem, or DOSBox-X, or something else?

Reply 3 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Locked for asking for an iso of Windows. No illegal sharing here.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper