VOGONS

Reply 160 of 1061, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is beautiful...congratulations guys! Brilliant stuff.

FYI the ordering process is not super clear - on pcmidi.eu going into "how to order", the Contact Form link sends to a "Form not found". Going to serdashop we end up on the PCMidi page (out of stock) and have to click the link in the bottom to another form that does work and has the Orpheus option this time. Maybe it helps others...

Just booked one! Can't wait to play with it 😁

Reply 161 of 1061, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Congrats on finishing ~

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 163 of 1061, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

thanks all for your ongoing support!

Boohyaka wrote on 2020-09-12, 20:35:

FYI the ordering process is not super clear - on pcmidi.eu going into "how to order", the Contact Form link sends to a "Form not found". Going to serdashop we end up on the PCMidi page (out of stock) and have to click the link in the bottom to another form that does work and has the Orpheus option this time. Maybe it helps others...

ah good catch, I updated the order form on pcmidi.eu
serdashop is just a pointer page because dreamblaster is cool and kind 😀
I know guys ordering is not as straightforward like a modern eshop, please bear with me ...

@Arvid
shipping from Portugal can happen next week - things just wait to be soldered!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 164 of 1061, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote on 2020-09-12, 20:49:

ah good catch, I updated the order form on pcmidi.eu
serdashop is just a pointer page because dreamblaster is cool and kind 😀
I know guys ordering is not as straightforward like a modern eshop, please bear with me ...

Haha no worries Leo! 😁 Guys like you and Serge are such treasures for this hobby and community!
Really can't wait to get the card 😀

Reply 165 of 1061, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Boohyaka wrote on 2020-09-12, 20:54:

Haha no worries Leo! 😁 Guys like you and Serge are such treasures for this hobby and community!
Really can't wait to get the card 😀

heheh thanks for the kind words!
don't forget marmes ! the silent partner in crime and a bother from another mother 🤣
actually these first cards will be shipped from marmes in Portugal where the global Orpheus reserve currently is 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 166 of 1061, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Of course congrats to Marmes as well! I've seen him in the thread but as I've been in direct contact with you and Serge I somewhat skipped him, apologies 😀

Will you be sending emails to confirm the successful order and payment process?

Reply 169 of 1061, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kolderman wrote on 2020-09-12, 21:25:

Card looks really good. I like the cute little square shaped OPL chip. What's the chip directly below the PCMIDI microcontroller?

thanks!
what chip is that?
the small 5pin one? just a buffer

Reply 170 of 1061, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote on 2020-09-12, 21:28:
thanks! what chip is that? the small 5pin one? just a buffer […]
Show full quote
kolderman wrote on 2020-09-12, 21:25:

Card looks really good. I like the cute little square shaped OPL chip. What's the chip directly below the PCMIDI microcontroller?

thanks!
what chip is that?
the small 5pin one? just a buffer

No, the one about the same size as the Crystal that starts with "ATF...".

Reply 171 of 1061, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kolderman wrote on 2020-09-12, 21:31:

No, the one about the same size as the Crystal that starts with "ATF...".

ah - that's a CPLD, it handles all pcmidi interfacing to isa -> https://gr.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microchip … V5AF3O56A%3D%3D

thanks for all your interest guys - the forms are all being auto-forwarded to marmes do not worry 😀

Reply 172 of 1061, by HandOfFate

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Very nice, congratulations!

I am a bit confused about the PCMIDI addon. How do things work if you have 2 MPU devices active at the same time? Is it meant for composing music using MIDI?

Am486 DX4 120MHz, no L2, 16MB, Tseng ET4000/W32 1MB VLB, ESS ES1869 /// 5x86 133MHz, 256kb L2, 64MB, S3 Virge/DX 4MB PCI, SB16 + Yucatan FX, PicoGUS /// Pentium III 1GHz, 512MB, Asus V7700 64MB AGP, SB Live!

Reply 174 of 1061, by Marmes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
HandOfFate wrote on 2020-09-12, 22:22:

Very nice, congratulations!

I am a bit confused about the PCMIDI addon. How do things work if you have 2 MPU devices active at the same time? Is it meant for composing music using MIDI?

You have 2 midi devices, you can select 3 outputs to be intelligent or crystal. Midi in is on both inputs, intelligent and crystal at the same time.

Reply 176 of 1061, by Marmes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This card was made with all considerations from crystal cs4237 datasheet. But we took a step further, by using an extra opl3. Audio inputs and outputs are filtered and carefully amplified (on output) respecting also cs4237 characteristics. Board is 4 layer, with the attention of not ever cross analog audio with digital part. Intelligent midi, is adapted from our pcmidi. You can use its output on 3,2,1 or none outputs of the card. You can also use Crystal midi in the same easy way. Or use both. It's jumper selectable. Our intention was to make a featured card and as flexible as possible with most of the goodies people want. It also has a spdif output. For those who want a really complete solution, there are Serdaco cards with excellent quality, those can be obtained with the card with a competitive price if you get them at the same time. I should also mention that this card was tested with many WT daughter boards and of course filter was adjusted for not having clipping or low sound. There are some cards, like xr385, that plays a bit loud and tb homac that plays too low. In those cases , midi audio should be adjusted in mixer or in the game. I personally advise to use unisound to activate, and control some features, there are some other softwares to control Orpheus card, those are still being tested. I will be writing sometimes over here. Please feel free to ask anything.

Reply 179 of 1061, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

awesome :3

even though a bit pricey ^^ considering I already have a PCmidi and plenty other sound cards to choose from I'll probably have to pass for now.
most likely worth it though ^^