VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by regelemarcel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings. I have been successfully using DosBox for many years, in order to run an old DOS based music notation application called SCORE. I am using DosBox on a Mac, running the latest system (Catalina 10.15.6). WIth recent updates to my Mac, I am no longer able to run SCORE. I am able to launch DosBox just fine, and I can launch SCORE as well. But as soon as I open a SCORE music file, I get this error: "run-time error M6203: MATH" and the next line is "- ** : OVERFLOW error". Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

-Marc

Reply 1 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Hmm that is odd. I recall that error is from a slur sign and was related to something in the fpu emulation.

Can you send me an email on the email listed on https://www.dosbox.com/crew.php ? Will see if I can help you out. (will need a file with slur in it if it is indeed the problem I am thinking off, as I am unsure why it wouldn't work with the latest mac build)

(also try a file without a slur to see if that is indeed the problem)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 6, by regelemarcel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks so much, I am emailing you a file with a slur in it. You are indeed correct, it is only crashing with files that have slurs. Are there any setting in the config file that you have found to fix this? Really appreciate your help, thanks so much!

marc