Ancient DOS Games Mod 8 - Level Editing - SkyRoads is online!
I was really surprised at first how little there was in the way of custom SkyRoads content and editors despite there being TONS of clones and remakes and such. Then when I actually looked into how SkyRoads levels are stored on disk it made too much sense...
But yeah, the editing process itself isn't too bad, though the only working editor I can find is pretty cumbersome to use at first and takes a lot of practice to get any sort of design speed out of it, as you're tripping over its controls every step of the way. In the end though, it does the job, and made it possible for me to put together six custom levels for everyone to download and try out and provide some insights into how levels in SkyRoads actually function!
Kosmonaut wrote on 2020-07-30, 14:43:
(emphasis mine) - so when do I get my royalty check? :D
But seriously, happy this has turned out to be a successful series for you and happy I may have helped nudge you in that direction!
I wouldn't say "successful" yet, but certainly well enough that I'm paying my half of the bills. I would need to hit twice my current income to properly call it successful because then I'd be earning minimum wage! :B
All joking aside though, getting Patreon stuff going early was the smartest decision I've made by far as it's helped to demonstrate to me that I have one of the most loyal and friendly followings of just about anyone on YouTube; something I am extraordinarily grateful for as I would not have been able to bring the series as far as I have without all the support! (Seriously, only 10% of my income from making ADG and Shovelware Diggers comes from ad revenue and the other 90% comes from Patreon!)
--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg