VOGONS

Reply 360 of 394, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote on 2020-09-24, 20:36:

AFAIK it's one of the rules new users need to agree when they register. But it could be that it is not explicitly mentioned and only the "no auction" rule is there.

I cannot edit the rules page

Who has access to edit the rules page?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 361 of 394, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Interesting as I thought there was a sticky in a few sections reminding about forum rules but now it only at the bottom of page.
Maybe a sticky with all the rules could be placed top of this hardware section, that might be easy for mods to edit ? just a thought....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 363 of 394, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-09-24, 20:45:
Dominus wrote on 2020-09-24, 20:36:

AFAIK it's one of the rules new users need to agree when they register. But it could be that it is not explicitly mentioned and only the "no auction" rule is there.

I cannot edit the rules page

Who has access to edit the rules page?

Only Snover and Qbix.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 364 of 394, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ProServa wrote on 2020-09-24, 21:26:

I did read the rules in their entirety before posting. I don't recall seeing anything that came close to addressing this situation. However, my apologies. It won't happen again.

There is a rule in there about not promoting auctions, but it does not completely cover this situation, I agree. We're discussing the change that needs to be made internally. Please accept our apologies for the mix up,

I have restored your original post in this thread with some edits (mainly 'cuz I like the photo), hope that's okay.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 365 of 394, by cpushack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feipoa wrote on 2020-09-24, 08:10:

Proserva: I suggest you donate those 3 faceplates to John as he has 3 systems nobody wants because of the damaged bezels you sent him. He isn't even going to break even on the whole lot.

That would be quite good

NEC Proserva V Dual Pentium 200 Systems
http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33826

Reply 366 of 394, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Stiletto wrote on 2020-09-24, 21:59:

I did read the rules in their entirety before posting. I don't recall seeing anything that came close to addressing this situation. However, my apologies. It won't happen again.

There is a rule in there about not promoting auctions, but it does not completely cover this situation, I agree. We're discussing the change that needs to be made internally. Please accept our apologies for the mix up,

I have restored your original post in this thread with some edits (mainly 'cuz I like the photo), hope that's okay.

My apologies, too. I will react more mellow to sales post now that I'm aware that this is not covered in the rules as it was meant to be.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 367 of 394, by ProServa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feipoa wrote on 2020-09-24, 08:10:

Proserva: I suggest you donate those 3 faceplates to John as he has 3 systems nobody wants because of the damaged bezels you sent him. He isn't even going to break even on the whole lot.

FYI- I did not send any damaged bezels and I have the photos to prove it. The implication that I sent damaged bezels while holding back perfectly good ones is beyond insulting and would not be tolerated in a face to face confrontation. The damage occurred in transit. As far as him not breaking even, if true, sounds to me like a serious pricing structure issue. Especially when one considers that I covered the difference in shipping cost between delivery to a commercial address with a loading dock and/or forklift and a residential delivery with a lift gate. That difference was in the range of $200. I'm not complaining, I failed to ask him if it was commercial or residential. I just assumed it was commercial and when it was discovered it was not, he made no offer to help defray any of the added cost. Therefore, I believe it would be best if you keep your suggestions to yourself in the future.

Last edited by ProServa on 2020-09-25, 07:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 368 of 394, by ProServa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote on 2020-09-24, 21:59:

I guess it's okay. However, my feelings would not have been hurt had you not restored it.

Reply 369 of 394, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

With the number of damaged systems received, I too would not have offered to defray any shipping costs that were, upon your own admission, your mistake. I also recall something to the effect of the quantity of cases that were eventually shipped being quite a bit less than the original offering, while the cost for the systems didn't reduce. If I had been in John's position at that point, I'd have walked out on the deal. I don't know whether they were sent damaged or were damaged in transit, but if I recall 3 were badly smashed (write-offs) and a few more with unsightly cracks that probably won't find homes either. Pricing structure - doesn't matter. The motive is to get decent systems to collectors and to cover cost/expenses. It doesn't look like this is going to happen at any price. I don't see the purpose in holding onto 3 good bezels as the broken mating counterparts are elsewhere. The original intent was for you to unload all these in that group buy, or they were going to be donated, trashed, or whatever. You sound like a very disingenuous, unhappy, and unpleasant individual. I hope you don't hang around here for too long.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 370 of 394, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

generally the seller is responsible for damage in transit, and it typically reflects insufficient packaging

I have no dog in this fight just making a general statement

Reply 371 of 394, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
feipoa wrote on 2020-09-25, 08:32:

Pricing structure - doesn't matter. The motive is to get decent systems to collectors and to cover cost/expenses. It doesn't look like this is going to happen at any price.

most sane people aren't interested in expending time and effort without compensation

Reply 372 of 394, by chublord

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
maxtherabbit wrote on 2020-09-25, 13:05:

Pricing structure - doesn't matter. The motive is to get decent systems to collectors and to cover cost/expenses. It doesn't look like this is going to happen at any price.

most sane people aren't interested in expending time and effort without compensation

I agree, I think this is an unreasonable expectation. From what I've seen there hasn't been anything disingenuous so far.

IBM Valuepoint 486 DX4-100, Opti 802G, 50 MHz FSB, Voodoo1+S3 864, Quantum Fireball EX 4.0 GB, Seagate Medalist 1.6 GB, 128 MB FPM, 256k L2

Reply 373 of 394, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chublord wrote on 2020-09-25, 15:12:

I agree, I think this is an unreasonable expectation. From what I've seen there hasn't been anything disingenuous so far.

Same here.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 374 of 394, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chublord wrote on 2020-09-25, 15:12:

You weren't along for the ride. It was pretty messed up. I don't want to go into more detail.

Well, I know what the final cost was. I know what he's asking for them. And I am shocked that he's practically giving them away. Can't raise the price, nobody will buy them. Can't lower the price as he'd go into the red. He'd be better of if half a dozen systems weren't unsellable.

maxtherabbit wrote on 2020-09-25, 12:57:

generally the seller is responsible for damage in transit, and it typically reflects insufficient packaging

This is why I suggested he donate his remaining bezels that he has no use for. It's the least he could do. A compassionate individual would refund the quantity of damaged systems and donate the bezels. If it were me receiving these and they arrived damaged, I'd have filed a Paypal complaint and sent them all back.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 375 of 394, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

With the number of damaged systems received...

Yes there were more than a few damaged cases from the chat we had. I bought one completely intact and one with badly broken front (for the spare mobo, cpu's, psu, etc). AFAIK am the only one who bought a damaged one, so he has a few left am sure.
I also remember some were missing the internal HD rack so he had to swap stuff around to some of the undamaged ones to make them complete.
edit: added picture. added: and that damage was not from him shipping to me because we met up in a town midway between us...

Attachments

• Img_1321s.jpg
    Filename
    Img_1321s.jpg
    File size
    62.09 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 376 of 394, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ProServa wrote on 2020-09-25, 07:35:

FYI- I did not send any damaged bezels and I have the photos to prove it. The implication that I sent damaged bezels while holding back perfectly good ones is beyond insulting and would not be tolerated in a face to face confrontation. The damage occurred in transit.

You have extra bezels ? PM me How much to get one to replace the shipping damaged one, thanks.
edit: re-worded my comment

Reply 377 of 394, by ProServa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2020-09-26, 03:59:

FYI- I did not send any damaged bezels and I have the photos to prove it. The implication that I sent damaged bezels while holding back perfectly good ones is beyond insulting and would not be tolerated in a face to face confrontation. The damage occurred in transit.

You have extra bezels ? PM me How much to get one to replace the shipping damaged one, thanks.

I'd love to replace your damaged one. However, I don't have enough posts to send a PM. Unless that magic number is 3 or 4 I don't see it happening. Sorry about that.

Reply 378 of 394, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ProServa wrote on 2020-10-06, 22:07:

I'd love to replace your damaged one. However, I don't have enough posts to send a PM. Unless that magic number is 3 or 4 I don't see it happening. Sorry about that.

You all could take it to email.. that way the PM post minimum won't be a problem.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 379 of 394, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ProServa wrote on 2020-10-06, 22:07:

Perhaps Horun and anyone else who needs one could PM you? I'm sure you can reply even if you can't start a PM conversation.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.