VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lutero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, maybe someone will know how to help me here 😀 I'm solving a problem with installing drivers on an older Sony Vaio laptop. According to official sources, it has already launched with XPs, so there are only drivers from XP up on the official website .. and I'm trying to stuff W98 SE there 😁 I've already dealt with everything, depending on the model, I got chipset drivers, sound cards, etc., it's all going well. The only thing left on here is the graphics.
There is an Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go, but no matter what version of the drivers I download, I still get an error message from the start of the installation and I am not able to skip further. Of course, I tried to remove all the previous drivers, a clean OS installation, still the same. Does anyone know how to make it work? Because of DOS games, i dont want to use XP on this machine..

Error that i am getting is: "Setup was unable to locate a detected devices PCI ID in NVAML.INF. The instalation will be terminated."

Reply 1 of 2, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Go editions needed modified driver INFs so as be able to be installed. Try some driver from here: https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/29-pr … river-releases/

edit: here's a modified inf for a 9x driver that supports 420 Go https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/6328-v6642-9xme-nv/

source: had a Toshiba Satellite 1410 with Geforce 4 Go and used to download drivers from laptopvideo2go a lot back in the day

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 2 of 2, by Lutero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

One step closer, modified file worked and driver succesfuly installed but windows still show error at startup and wont let me set any higher resolution... Damn 😁

Attachments