VOGONS

First post, by Bumrusher89

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello people haven't posted here in a long time but I am questioning my Alienware 17 R4 gaming laptop for PCem and any upcoming emulated hardware that is coming to the emulator.

CPU: Core i7 7700k HQ @ 2.80
GPU: Geforce 1070
RAM: 15.88
SSD: 256
SATA: 1TB

Reply 1 of 4, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It depends which hardware you're trying to emulate on PCem. If it's a high end Pentium 1 or Pentium II, then it might struggle to run at full speed, but generally speaking. Yes, it will run PCem.

Reply 2 of 4, by Bumrusher89

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jesolo wrote on 2020-10-05, 19:59:

It depends which hardware you're trying to emulate on PCem. If it's a high end Pentium 1 or Pentium II, then it might struggle to run at full speed, but generally speaking. Yes, it will run PCem.

Struggling as in the sound is stuttering?

Reply 3 of 4, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Bumrusher89 wrote on 2020-10-06, 15:44:
jesolo wrote on 2020-10-05, 19:59:

Struggling as in the sound is stuttering?

More like the emulator won't be able to run the emulated CPU at 100 % of the rated speed, which means you might get stutter and/or dropped frames, particularly if you are also playing a CPU intensive game and, at the same time, trying to emulate a Voodoo 2 card with Sound Blaster or Gravis Ultrasound support.

You can perhaps also ask around (or read up more) on the PCem forums at: https://pcem-emulator.co.uk/
Most likely, your questions have already been answered on there.