VOGONS

First post, by Lutero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, i have a little problem with my HP Omnibook XE3-GF which have almost none options to set in BIOS. What i want and using with different machines is LCD screen stretching and set pc speaker volume. So far everything that runs on Dos is shrinked in huge black border. Is there any way to replace or unlock more options in bios so i can optionaly stretched to fullscreen ? Thanks for any ideas 😀

Attachments

Reply 1 of 5, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Look in "System Devices" iirc there's an option to expand the image. (at least on my XE3-GC... I really ought to find a solution to replace the broken HDD adapter)

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 2 of 5, by Lutero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Vynix wrote on 2020-10-05, 20:00:

Look in "System Devices" iirc there's an option to expand the image. (at least on my XE3-GC... I really ought to find a solution to replace the broken HDD adapter)

For me there is no such option in this tab at my laptop 😒 maybe try newer version or some modded bios ?

Reply 3 of 5, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Could be that the "LCD Fill" option is unfortunately specific to the XE3-GC (which has a S3 SavageIX/MV, compared to the XE3-GF's Intel 830MG graphic chip). In that case you won't be able to do anything for that 😒

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 5 of 5, by Lutero

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

From a several sources i read about screen stretch update since bios 1.07 , laptop model is correct but cant see that after install.. i tried 1.07, 1.14 but nothing 😒

Attachments

• Bez názvu.png
    Filename
    Bez názvu.png
    File size
    40.01 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain