VOGONS

First post, by Wilius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi everyone

I'm looking into buying this card: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Grafikkarte-APCB-M3-9 … agAAOSw5K5fbNjf
I assume, it's some sort of Nvidia Geforce based card, but the model is unclear to me.
Therefore i'm asking, whether you guys know, what card this is.
Besides that, I noticed, that the item description does not match with the pictures. Do you guys think, the vendor is selling the shown item?

Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 47, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would say it is a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 or Ti 4400. I have no idea why it would need a 3.5" floppy drive power connector though unless it was meant to work on motherboards that don't put out enough power through the AGP slot.

The seller may have posted the wrong pictures or posted the wrong description. I see that happen quite often with sellers that sell a lot.

Best way to find out would be to send them a message and ask about it.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 47, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, FX is possible as well. I did see an Albatron FX 5700 with a very similar cooler.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 5 of 47, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

After thinking about this bit more there is a chance it being from 6000 series too. Geforce 6000 series launched in April 2004 and that manufacture date of week 17 2004 is rather close to that.

Reply 8 of 47, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Considering that part of the description says

"HDMI" and "PCI-EXRESS"

while another says

"PCI", "DVI" and Quadro

and the picture is clearly an AGP and DVI card, my guess is the seller is either clueless about what he has or inattentive, possibly both . I hope whoever orders this does not receive a toaster by mistake. 😉

Reply 10 of 47, by Wilius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

First of all, thank you for your help guys!
I really appreciate it.
I suppose, i'm gonna have to ask the seller, whether the shown item is the actual item that is being sold.
I must admit, that i've become quite suspicious towards the item description. Perhaps it's best to not buy this card.
In case, I'll decide to actually buy the card, I will tell you about it.

Reply 11 of 47, by Wilius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've summarized, which graphics card it could be and which not.
I think we can exclude the GeForce 6 series, (with the exception of the Geforce 6200) since it appears, that the card is lacking a AGP bridge chip.
We can also rule out any GeForce4 cards, since this card was manufactured in 2004.
That's why I believe, this card belongs to the FX series.
This card is doubtlessly not a highend card, like the FX 5950, FX 5900 and FX 5800.
But judging by the Berg connector, I suppose, it isn't a lowend card either, like the GeForce FX 5200 and FX 5500.
Therefore, it probably is a midrange card, like the FX 5600 or the FX 5700.
What do you guys think about my train of thoughts? Does that make any sense?
Perhaps, you can identify the part number of the Ram chips, maybe this helps us a little further.

Reply 12 of 47, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Wilius wrote on 2020-11-01, 13:43:

What do you guys think about my train of thoughts? Does that make any sense?

Yes. Due to the ram we can narrow it down to 128 bit 5600 or 5700LE.

Reply 13 of 47, by Wilius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've now contacted the seller and asked him, whether the shown card is the advertised item and he said yes.
I'll try my luck and buy this card as soon as possible and let myself surprise, what it is.
This is quite a gamble. Perhaps i'm unlucky and it's just going to be a FX 5200.
Whatever it is, we're hopefully going to find out soon.

Reply 14 of 47, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Wilius wrote on 2020-11-01, 17:56:
I've now contacted the seller and asked him, whether the shown card is the advertised item and he said yes. I'll try my luck and […]
Show full quote

I've now contacted the seller and asked him, whether the shown card is the advertised item and he said yes.
I'll try my luck and buy this card as soon as possible and let myself surprise, what it is.
This is quite a gamble. Perhaps i'm unlucky and it's just going to be a FX 5200.
Whatever it is, we're hopefully going to find out soon.

Nah, that's overengineered for a FX5200, they don't have aux power connectors. In fact most FX5600 and FX5700LE don't either - and it's clearly not a 5700/5800, even RAM aside they need better cooling than this. I'd put my money on an FX5600 factory overclocked to near FX5600 Ultra specs.

Reply 16 of 47, by Wilius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I doubt that it is a overclocked FX 5600 or perhaps even a FX 5600 Ultra.
The RAM chips are identifying themselves as Samsung K4D551638D-TC40.
According to their datasheet, these appear to be clocked at 250MHz, which is too slow for a Ultra card.
The RAM speed for the FX 5600 however, seem to match up with the RAM chips of this Card.
After some research, I found a Prolink Pixelview FX5700, that is utilizing the same RAM chips, however they are downclocked at 200MHz.
Some FX 5600 XT's were equipped with the same RAM chips as well.
I'm also pretty certain, that this card has a total of 256mb RAM.
At this point, I believe it's either a FX 5600XT or a FX 5700. This card is quite a oddball.
One thing for sure, this card was definitely made by Manli.

Reply 17 of 47, by Hanamichi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Good point about the memory although Manli seemed to give low specd memory on their boards.

You can rule out 5200 128MB and any kind of 5700 unless they had more models:
http://search.danawa.com/dsearch.php?k1=MANLI … ds&act=dispMain

A FX5700LE is a Manli Lemon 🤣 🤣 🤣

I think you are down to:
FX 5200 128MB/256MB (Ultra or Vanilla OC)
FX 5500 128MB/256MB (Vanilla OC)
FX 5600 128MB/256MB (XT or Ultra or Vanilla OC)

Probable not ultras as you mentioned with the memory.

Reply 18 of 47, by Wilius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think, we can rule out the FX 5200 completely.
With the exception of the FX 5200 Ultra (Which this one probably isn't), I've never seen one with any additional power connector.
I assume, the same goes for the FX 5500. That means, it should in theory be the FX 5600. It would make sense.
Even though, the FX 5700 seems unlikely, I still wouldn't rule it out.
Should I risk it and buy that thing? I mean for the price, I wouldn't really lose anything.
Should I ask the seller, whether he can test this card for me?