VOGONS

2 Gravis Gamepads Possible?

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 23, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I notice that box suggests that it doesn't support Y-cables at all, unlike the packaging that I posted. Maybe Gravis was trying to sell their "dual port game cards" with this "Advanced Gravis" revision?

The cosmetic difference between the two different pads appears to be the font used for the "PC GamePad" logo. Perhaps @enaiel can tell us what his pads look like?

Reply 22 of 23, by enaiel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the "Advanced" versions. That's a really interesting difference in the two boxes. I hope they didn't intentionally kill this feature!

I ordered the cable from pccables.com. But at this point I have spent more than if I had just bought 2 of the "Pro" versions 🙁

#1 VIA C3 Ezra-T 1.0GHz / MSI MS-6368 / Voodoo2+ViRGE GX / SBPro2+YMF744+AWE64+SC-7
#2 Pentium III-S Tualatin 1.40GHz / QDI A10T / Voodoo3 3000+GF4 Ti4200 / Audigy+AU8830+SC-50

Reply 23 of 23, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If all else fails, it should be relatively straightforward to rewire the cable yourself. Or you could order the appropriate DB-15 connectors and wire up your own "Joystick 1->Joystick 2" adapter.