VOGONS

First post, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As per the title, I am having a peculiar issue in which I am unable to turn off a "hall" effect while windows is running. As in, sounds will trail off for a second or so after they are played. I have attempted to disable it by turning off the enhancements that come with the driver, but the 3D effect option seems to have nothing to do with the problem I am facing. The only thing I can think of is something weird coming with Windows Plus! 95. Before that was installed, I don't remember hearing the hall effect.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 2 of 7, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Paar wrote on 2020-11-17, 13:54:

Good test would be to try pure DOS. That way you can know wheter it is hardware or software problem.

I have tested it in pure-DOS, and the effect isn't present. I have also used a separate computer in the same physical setup as an extra layer of testing, and the effect is also not present, so It's most likely somewhere within windows.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 4 of 7, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
darry wrote on 2020-11-17, 21:38:

I would try a Hall-effect sensor. 😉

Seriously, I would try removing all drivers and software for the AWE and re-installing .

Okay, I will give that a try, then. I just wanted to see if it was some odd configuration issue or something like that beforehand. And I am sure that someone somewhere has tried to make a VST or something to act as a "Hall-effect Sensor".

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 5 of 7, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BetaC wrote on 2020-11-17, 21:43:
darry wrote on 2020-11-17, 21:38:

I would try a Hall-effect sensor. 😉

Seriously, I would try removing all drivers and software for the AWE and re-installing .

Okay, I will give that a try, then. I just wanted to see if it was some odd configuration issue or something like that beforehand. And I am sure that someone somewhere has tried to make a VST or something to act as a "Hall-effect Sensor".

Just saw this . Echoing effect (Win98, AWE64 Gold)

Reply 6 of 7, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
darry wrote on 2020-11-17, 23:29:

Thank you for pointing it out. I will give it a try once I have the system set back up.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png