VOGONS

First post, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So this is the question more or less. And someone could make a PCI Adlib, well we can use modernish Yamaha PCI based bards for now. But how the adressing of PCIe bus works, is it even possible to address 388/220.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 1 of 5, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Removal of the IO space access is supposed to enter into PCI-E specs sooner or later. With the existing stuff it should be certainly possible. FPGA necessary for it could also emulate the OPL chip for least high cost 🤣. PCI-E hardware is in my todo list but a lot more will come first...

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 5, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So it is possible, just a costly decoding circuit is needed. And maybe future motherboards wont work.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 3 of 5, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Has anybody tried a PCI-E to PCI adapter with one of the Yamaha YMF7x4 cards? I have an adapter but don't think I ever tried it with that card.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 5, by Baoran

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-11-18, 06:44:

Has anybody tried a PCI-E to PCI adapter with one of the Yamaha YMF7x4 cards? I have an adapter but don't think I ever tried it with that card.

It might just software issue but setupds didn't let me even just set the FM music support unless there was support for the motherboard. Which basically meant I couldn't get FM to work even with old motherboard without first switching to setupds that supported it. If you can initialize the card without it somehow, I think it could be possible.