VOGONS

First post, by kalloggs40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It works perfect, only has a floppy drive , on the back the usual serial port, no usb, printer port and Vga out.

Trying to find more info if anyone has used it, the battery was made by toshiba. There is no cmos battery inside that i can see.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    File size
    322.02 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    logo
    File license
    Public domain
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    File size
    343.63 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    screen2
    File license
    Public domain
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    File size
    289.59 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    screen
    File license
    Public domain
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    File size
    274.06 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    front 2
    File license
    Public domain
  • s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    352.49 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Rear
    File license
    Public domain
Last edited by kalloggs40 on 2020-11-19, 13:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 8, by kalloggs40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Orkay wrote on 2020-11-19, 13:52:

The closest match I've found according to a very low res image is that it's a Systemax 280M. Given this laptop doesn't have any real branding on it and the OEM info states it's manufactured and supported by "Prodigy by Integral Computers", this may very well be a generic laptop that was sold to various low-tier vendors for resale. I can't find any matches of a company called "Integral Computers" that matches up with budget OEM laptops.

The brand has a logo intergral computers but i still cant find anything. Let me see if i can remove a photo and add that one.

Reply 4 of 8, by kalloggs40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

quote in another forum:

I have a Systemax 280m, which is a computer that was branded as many many many other computers, for example the NEC ready 120lt is a version of it , But if you have a 280M version it actually has an updated processor instead of a 200 mhz cpu like in the Nec version it has a 266 mhz processor. The issue I am having with it is the VGA port will not output anything, the original OS for these machines was windows 98, and windows 98 recognizes the LCD monitor when its gets plugged in ( it shows up in the device manager and also in the screen for the monitor to change resolution, but it still doesn't do anything, I know you have to type FN+F4 to switch to the VGA port and doesn't output to the VGA port. what it does is when I press it is it just blanks the screen and then just goes back to it. another weird problem that has to do with the LCD VGA monitor, when you put it into it , you have to restart for some reason and then when it reboots, it replaces the internal monitor in the device manager ( which is default monitor) and in the change resolution setting. Windows 98 acts like it is only the monitor and tell me the external VGA monitor is the main monitor and it doesn't even show the internal monitor any longer. I hope the VGA port isn't bad on it , But how can it be bad when windows 98 recognizes the monitor and puts it into the device manager. If anybody has a solution for it please Help. I have even reinstalled windows which didn't help at all. I want to use an external VGA port, since the internal LCD screen is actually a DSTN screen, which is awful. What I know about the device is the vga port was never actually used.

Reply 7 of 8, by kalloggs40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Orkay wrote on 2020-11-19, 14:32:

Interesting... so some of them were clearly branded and others weren't. I wouldn't say it's the most collectible thing even if it's hard to find, but always nice to have one on hand to document for anyone who might have something similar. The MediaGX it's got sparks intrigue as well, as I've never used such a thing myself.

Yeah true to me it feels amazing to use, its small like a netbook, feels like a Classic toshiba to use and has a Cyrix Cpu!!!, only thing missing is a voodoo card and soundblaster and i would orgasm.