VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Today I got back to playing Resident Evil 3 Nemesis at 1280x1024 resolution but the textures became blocky. I turned to Windowed mode too, but no change occurred. On lower resolutions like 640x480, the problem doesn't occur. Could anyone please help with what is happening? I had earlier played at 480p and never changed the resolution since I never knew about it, so I this is my first time with this problem.

View the image in full screen to see the blocks.

Attachments

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 1 of 10, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The problem exists since day 1 on this game.
I've played it on various hardware (Voodoo 3, GeForce 4, ...) and Windows versions (Windows 98SE, XP, Vista, Seven, Windows 10), I *always* had to play in 640x480.

Reply 2 of 10, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xcomcmdr wrote on 2020-11-25, 08:16:

The problem exists since day 1 on this game.
I've played it on various hardware (Voodoo 3, GeForce 4, ...) and Windows versions (Windows 98SE, XP, Vista, Seven, Windows 10), I *always* had to play in 640x480.

They probably never looked it into it then. I thought the Voodoo2 option in the Others tab will do somethinf but it did nothing,expected it to use Glide.

Do you know what it does btw?

Reply 5 of 10, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xcomcmdr wrote on 2020-11-25, 20:41:

The Voodoo2 option fixes the blocky blood displayed by buggy Voodoo 2 display drivers, according to the manual.

The game always uses Direct3D 6.

Though of using 480p in game and force higher resolution through dgVoodoo. Looks like the textures are the problem as it still exists

Reply 7 of 10, by Focz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2020-11-25, 07:44:

Today I got back to playing Resident Evil 3 Nemesis at 1280x1024 resolution but the textures became blocky. I turned to Windowed mode too, but no change occurred. On lower resolutions like 640x480, the problem doesn't occur. Could anyone please help with what is happening? I had earlier played at 480p and never changed the resolution since I never knew about it, so I this is my first time with this problem.

View the image in full screen to see the blocks.

I had that problem and I solved it by disabling the texture correction option