gt-corr7cd-csback.jpg
Filename
gt-corr7cd-csback.jpg
File size
1.39 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

If anyone has any interest in the sealed copies of the GT Software release of Corridor 7 on CD-ROM (see attached images) available online really should avoid it if you want the complete Corridor 7 CD experience, it has NO redbook audio at all despite it being on CD-ROM.

The README.1ST file itself informs you that the CD-ROM doesn't contain CD audio.

I checked the box everywhere and theres no mention of it being shareware or anything like that yet the back of the box still says in bold yellow letters, "Full CD Quality Soundtrack."

Edit: Added pics of CD and case. Thanks for the suggestion K1n9_Duk3!

Last edited by Chaniyth on 2020-12-01, 01:24. Edited 1 time in total.

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁

Reply 2 of 9, by K1n9_Duk3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think a photograph of the CD itself might be helpful as well, just in case somebody comes across a loose CD. Or maybe you got ripped off and the "sealed" box you bought was really just a re-sealed box with the wrong CD in it.

Reply 3 of 9, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
K1n9_Duk3 wrote on 2020-12-01, 00:30:

I think a photograph of the CD itself might be helpful as well, just in case somebody comes across a loose CD. Or maybe you got ripped off and the "sealed" box you bought was really just a re-sealed box with the wrong CD in it.

Done. Thanks for the suggestion. The factory seal was period correct and definitely not a re-seal.

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁

Reply 4 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
shamino wrote on 2020-12-01, 00:24:

I didn't know id was licensing out their FPS game engines to 3rd parties even that far back.

I think they had a particular arrangement with GT Interactive. They're also the ones who published Keen 6. (GT was bought by Infogrames/Atari, which is why there's no chance we'll be seeing Keen 6 again anytime soon.)