VOGONS

First post, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Was intrigued by one of Tubetime's jokes. What would happen if you put an MCA card in a VLB slot and then powered on?

Attachments

Reply 3 of 10, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Smoke! Damaged parts! Don´t try this at home!

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 5 of 10, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Do it! I dare you!

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 8 of 10, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eisapc wrote on 2020-12-01, 09:42:

If you do this with the pictured rare MCA sound board it is worse than just burning money.
Every Microchannel enthusiast will hate you until your end of days.

Fortunately, that's not a rare MCA sound board, but a replica, designed by TubeTime himself. Thanks to him you can get MCA sound (AdLib with this Plaid Bib or more recently Soundblaster with his Snark Barker MCA) easily and cheaply. So if anyone has the right to fry that particular card, it's him 😀

Edit: the card behind it is a Snark Barker - another one of his - as well. Only 'rare' thing that would get fried here is the generic VLB motherboard.

Reply 10 of 10, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dionb wrote on 2020-12-01, 12:23:
eisapc wrote on 2020-12-01, 09:42:

If you do this with the pictured rare MCA sound board it is worse than just burning money.
Every Microchannel enthusiast will hate you until your end of days.

Fortunately, that's not a rare MCA sound board, but a replica, designed by TubeTime himself. Thanks to him you can get MCA sound (AdLib with this Plaid Bib or more recently Soundblaster with his Snark Barker MCA) easily and cheaply. So if anyone has the right to fry that particular card, it's him 😀

Edit: the card behind it is a Snark Barker - another one of his - as well. Only 'rare' thing that would get fried here is the generic VLB motherboard.

I know! It's so awesome!