VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think we can have a quake 2 album from SonicMayhem if we banther Bethesda enough. Quake 2 is my favorite metal album and I want it on viyl.

Reply 1 of 3, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's a monkey's paw in asking for that. Like when Quake recently had a vinyl release, there's been contentIDs hitting many old videos and streamers. Same for when Sonic Mayhem rereleasing Quake3 Noize digitally earlier.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 3, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2020-11-29, 09:56:

There's a monkey's paw in asking for that. Like when Quake recently had a vinyl release, there's been contentIDs hitting many old videos and streamers. Same for when Sonic Mayhem rereleasing Quake3 Noize digitally earlier.

Yeah I ended up deleting my Quake streams off of YouTube since then.

Because, you know. It's apparently copyright infringement to be using content that already belongs to a product.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 3 of 3, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think I see your points guys, my understanding is that if SonicMayhem get the accord of Bethesda to release it vinyl then all the free recording on youtube will be removed ? I dont see why, and I'm not sure it will happen. I'm pretty sure SonicMayhem just dont want problem with Bethesda at releasing it on vinyl since the music now belong to them and he have no reply from them. So if we show interest to Bethesda maybe they will eventually get into negotiation with SonicMayhem ?

from youtube:

sonicmayhemofficial 7 months ago (edited) wrote:

BTW guys, thanks for all the comments. Its very cool that after all these years, people still appreciate these tracks. We had hoped to release the Quake II OST on Vinyl but its always a difficult road with game publishers. I suggest you all should email Bethesda and ask nicely that you would love a Vinyl release. It would easily a great double Album with some nice artwork! Stay safe and cheers everyone! EDIT: For more music related news, please follow me on twitter