VOGONS

First post, by blue_robyn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone bought the new King's Quest Collection that's compatable with Windows XP? What do you think of it?

I'm thinking of buying it since I'm having so many problems with my games but would like some feedback from those that have it already.

Thanks!
~Lora

Reply 4 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
blue_robyn wrote:

Those were all posts from before they were released. Has anyone actually tried the new collection?

No, actually a few of them are post release. According to a few posts on AdventureGamers forums, they all use dosbox save for KQ7. So 'do they work' can be answered as 'yes'. They work about as much as they do for DOSBox users - aka practically perfect at 8000 cycles.

Reply 5 of 8, by blue_robyn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well that's good news in any case! I am so frusterated trying to get my old version of KQ6 to work that at this point I'll try practically anything - including buying the new collection if it's worth it.

Thanks so much for all the replies!

~L

Reply 6 of 8, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I got the original Collection and man, was I pissed off when I came accross copyprotection. It was the part in the rocks or something and I couldn't find anything in the manual. Bless Sierra for making their copy protection so intrusive :p

Reply 7 of 8, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually, I liked this kind of protection. Somehow it didn't feel like a simple copy protection (entering numbers, turning wheels etc.), but they integrated the manual into the puzzles of the game.
Sure, nowadays nobody reads the manuals anymore, so this could cause problems. 😉

Reply 8 of 8, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My problem was being 17 and not having mastered English completely yet (I had only started learning English from magazines since I was 13). I always hated word puzzles at that time. Now they're really easy of course - I can read Edgar Allan Poe stories with ease which are considered to be pretty hard.