VOGONS

First post, by wolverinegtr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As the title states, DGVoodoo2 absolutely refuses to exist on my pc. I have a pavilion 17-cd0xxx, intel i7-9750h with 16g of ram, with a GeForce GTX 1660ti with Max Q gpu.

now that you know what is physically being used, I am trying to run some old games, era 98-2000, hard truck 2 specifically. I followed all the boards and prompts to get it to run, but I physically cannot get the dgVooDoo2 executable to physically exist in my pc. I downloaded the latest (2.72), but it stays stuck in the .zip folder. I've tried extracting, copying, moving you name it ( like EVERY TUTORIAL) yet it loads about 73-83%, stops (at this point i see the .exe, I see the icon in the destination I am attempting to send it too) then straight up disappears without a trace and then it finishes transferring, but nothing moved!! If I try to run it out of the zip, I get the alert of a failed program or a program attempting to make changes, but I get no prompt, I get no load or app screen, I don't even get a process just the noise and bam the exe is gone, forcing another download. Appdata doesn't even get a file made inside of it. When I right click the exe, I don't even get a standard menu for options. No compatibility, no share, no properties just a single box that says general and that its source location is archive root directory?

*found out archive root directory just means it is in the zip format, no big deal
also, windows key+r brings up my direct x control panel, but it doesnt have the same options of control like dgvoodoo2 and seeing all the tutorials.

I just want to play an old game, and this is a massive headache. Is there another way through my current graphics processor? any help is appreciated

Reply 2 of 2, by wolverinegtr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2020-12-19, 17:31:

Sound like you have an antivirus software installed which detects dgVoodoo components on-the-fly as malware and delete them at once when you have unzipped them.

that was 100% it, I literally just came back on to say this too , I appreciate you answering too!