VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have GOG version of Martian Dreams and Savage Empire. Naturally, those GOG games come with their own DOSBOX. However, GOG DOSBOX seems to be unable to scale up the game to full screen resolution when using OpenGL, as shown below.

Martian-Dreams-GOG-DOSBOX.jpg
GOG DOSBOX cannot scale Martian Dreams to full screen resolution when using OpenGL.

Out of curiosity, I ran the GOG Martian Dreams using official DOSBOX, and it has no problem scaling up the game to full screen using OpenGL.

Martian-Dreams-official-DOSBOX.jpg
Official DOSBOX has no problem scaling up Martian Dreams to full screen using OpenGL.

It should be noted that I captured those screens using plain PrintScreen button in Windows 7 64 bit; I didn't use FRAPS or other, more sophisticated screen capture utilities. And while the captured Martian Dreams main menu is grayscale, the game itself runs in proper colors in official DOSBOX.

In any case, I use the same graphics settings for both GOG DOSBOX and official DOSBOX:

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=1360x768
windowresolution=original
output=opengl
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
usescancodes=true

language=
machine=svga_et4000
captures=capture
memsize=16

frameskip=0
aspect=true
scaler=advinterp2x

I'm not complaining, though. Yes, GOG DOSBOX does not scale up Martian Dreams properly using OpenGL, but I can easily run the GOG Martian Dreams on official DOSBOX. I'm just curious why GOG DOSBOX cannot scale up the game properly, and we might gain new, useful knowledge from discussing this. Both DOSBOXes are version 0.74, by the way.

Attachments

• Filename
    martian.conf
    File size
    10.77 KiB
    Downloads
    65 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    dosboxMARTIAN.conf
    File size
    10.56 KiB
    Downloads
    74 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Dunno, I tried both games and the fullscreen 1360x768 with your settings seemed fine to me ? ( I replaced the configuration file with the one you attached

Here is a screenshot of it at my place

martian-gog-KAN-settings.png
Filename
martian-gog-KAN-settings.png
File size
190.23 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

GOG uses 0.74-2.1 which is 0.74-2 and the first version of overlay drive support. The sourcecode should be present in the archive.

Do you perhaps run on non-standard DPI ? As GOG sets some special register flag to disable to OS-scaling (because of DPI) with that .

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!