VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have Disney's The Lion King 2 Simba's Pride Gamebreak which worked fine when run under Windows 95 but now when I move back to the game, it doesn't work. On Windows XP, a CMD windows starts and crashes. On Windows 7, it says that the application is not compatible with x86 and on Windows 10 it says that the directory is corrupted or unreadable. The game doesn't even work on VM's. For checking if my disc is damaged or not, I downloaded another copy of the game from the Internet and got the same error message on all OS. What must I do to run this old game?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 1 of 4, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What does the games system requirements state?

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 2 of 4, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-01-10, 19:24:

What does the games system requirements state?

Operating system (OS) Windows 95
Processor (CPU) 90 MHz
System memory (RAM) 16 MB
Hard disk drive (HDD) 15 MB
Video card (GPU) 256 colors
Sound (audio device) 16-bit
Other 4x CD-ROM drive

Reply 4 of 4, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote on 2021-01-11, 11:09:

Works fine here. To be clear, are you struggling with the installer (which is 16-bit) or the game (which is not)? Have you tried disabling virus scanners?

The game installed just fine, but I required Windows 95 compatibility. On Windows XP, when the executable file was launche, a cmd window opened and nothing happened.

It is unusual to see 3 different copies, 1 retail and 2 downloads to be corrupted. Moreover an article I read online regarding running the game had the executable 'SPAGUK.EXE' and also had a logo. Suprisingly mine doesn't have one. I believe my CD file is corrputed someway but the CD player doesn't detect it.

By any chance could you share your executable file, SPAG.EXE or SPAGUK.EXE.