VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 29, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In reality Volkov Commander is better, totally assembler programmed and smaller, faster, and have all the needed functions.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.

Reply 22 of 29, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

modplug among others, generally windows circa 2000 software often does what I want and is stable when used as standalone applications. Anything that might need to create data compatible with newer software or go online will be forced to 'upgrade' continuously

using old software isn't just something quirky or 'hipster', sometimes there is a piece of software that one learns very well, masters even, and can actually be more productive on it than on more modern software equivalents, even when objectively the modern one has potentially more productivity benefits

its a bit like learning to race one model of car - sure the new cars are better but you are actually slower in them because you're not used to it

that's one of the reasons, if you've ever worked in offices or trained office workers, there was always a moan with a new release of their most used applications - they all new that for a few weeks the new version would slow them down while they got used to it

Reply 24 of 29, by texterted

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Macromedia's Fireworks MX. It works on all my machines, 98se through to win 7 64 bit.

Cheers

Ted

98se/W2K :- Asus A8v Dlx. A-64 3500+, 512 mb ddr, Radeon 9800 Pro, SB Live.
XP Pro:- Asus P5 Q SE Plus, C2D E8400, 4 Gig DDR2, Radeon HD4870, SB Audigy 2ZS.

Reply 25 of 29, by fyw321

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

does emule count? it's pretty much old and not much changed through every update releases.
my favorite site stoped releasing anything with ed2k link anymore. but I just autostart it everyday with empty task list, and hope i can still share something to help some cyber stranger by doing this.

Reply 26 of 29, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ZDir for all your DOS directory needs. I always rename it Z. Im so use to it I try to use that command on others machines.

Attachments

• Filename
    zdir21.zip
    File size
    51.93 KiB
    Downloads
    6 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 28 of 29, by winuser_pl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Borland C++ 5.02, Paint Shop Pro 6 and the others 😁 Actually I like that software.

Attachments

• PSP6.jpg
    Filename
    PSP6.jpg
    File size
    120.63 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • MSVC2005.jpg
    Filename
    MSVC2005.jpg
    File size
    145.04 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • BCPP.jpg
    Filename
    BCPP.jpg
    File size
    86.88 KiB
    Views
    File license

PC1: Highscreen => FIC PA-2005, 64 MB EDO RAM, Pentium MMX 200, S3 Virge + Voodoo 2 8 MB
PC2: AOpen => GA-586SG, 512 MB SDRAM, AMD K6-2 400 MHz, Geforce 2 MX 400

Reply 29 of 29, by Oetker

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
winuser_pl wrote on 2021-01-19, 08:55:

I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Borland C++ 5.02, Paint Shop Pro 6 and the others 😁 Actually I like that software.

I was also always a big fan of PSP 6 and hated later versions. Now I use Paint.net.