VOGONS

First post, by superconfused

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bought dosbox turbo to play daggerfall, installed fine and I was playing it with everything working, but then when I tried to open it later I get error 0. Seen lots of people saying they have the same problem but still no solution has been provided. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Reply 3 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DOSBox turbo isn't supported here. So ask whomever coded it for support and if you acquired Daggerfall illegally then ask whever you got it from for support.

For error 0 make sure you are mounting your folders correctly, installing daggerfall correctly and relaunching DOSBox with the same paths as you mounted previously.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 11, by zirkoni

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DosFreak wrote on 2021-01-17, 13:28:

...if you acquired Daggerfall illegally then ask whever you got it from for support.

Daggerfall is freeware, download is available from Bethesda website.

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42

Reply 7 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If it's from Bethesda then you are good. To verify it's not a dosbox turbo issue try it in the regular version of dosbox. If you have the same error in both then likely you are doing something wrong.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 8 of 11, by superconfused

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tryed again but got the same problem. I don't own dosbox only dosbox turbo. Here's a screenshot of the issue. what's strange is whne I install the game it runs fine and it all works, but as soon as a leave dosbox it never works again.

Attachments

Reply 9 of 11, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
superconfused wrote on 2021-01-21, 12:36:

I tried again but got the same problem. I don't own dosbox only dosbox turbo. Here's a screenshot of the issue. what's strange is when I install the game it runs fine and it all works, but as soon as a leave dosbox it never works again.

Only if a problem is reproducible in DOSBox or the SVN we can help, otherwise we can not.
At this point you should ask the guys who created 'DOSBox Turbo' for a solution.

Reply 11 of 11, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
superconfused wrote on 2021-01-22, 14:09:

I've just seen so many people with the exact same issue but no ones ever solved it, which really surprises me. thanks anyway.

Well I can confirm its not a DOSBox/SVN issue, because it works here fine here. What also came to mind is that since you are running on a mobile platform. ARM is not X86. So there is probably some extra code translation or emulation required, but I'm no expert on the subject.

In conclusion this problem will not be solved here, simply because we cannot reproduce the problem. That would suggest the problem lies with DOSBox Turbo and not with the DOSBox code it is using. However, there are more mobile DOSBox forks out there.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution.