VOGONS

First post, by xXmobiusXx1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys, been going crazy trying to find a good monitor for my retro system.

I can't do CRT very limited space, have 2 of them already but are not the best, they are both New Dell M782. I know early LCD's where terrible back in the day went through that period.... * Shivers remembering doom 3 on a TN panel *

What I want to achieve is 1600 x 1200, does anyone have a few suggestions?

Also. I have a few cards I use, I main with my ATI x800. it just works with everything I play, but I hear it doesn't have dual link dvi.... I also have the ATI 9800 Pro, Nvidia FX 5600 and MSI GF 6600 ( hates Jane's WWII Fighters for some reason, corrupts textures to hell. )

Just toss em at me and i'll look into em.

Greatly appreciate it.

Reply 1 of 2, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Dell 2007FP is a nice 1600x1200 panel. But I don't use mine on my Win98 rig, because it doesn't really have the grunt to game at that res. Keeping it in reserve for my XP build.

Reply 2 of 2, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

samsung 1920x1200 16:10 monitors can present 1600x1200 without distortion (with black bars). on the used market they're old enough that nobody wants them (75hz max i believe) and not yet retro enough to be a ripoff, so you can pick them up cheap.

i don't have model names/numbers but i think philscomputerlab did a video on the topic.