Topic actions

Reply 1680 of 2202, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dimitris1980 wrote on 2021-01-06, 16:45:

Just few pictures some days before:

The 11th hour on Macintosh Performa 6116CD, 136mb ram, equipped with Sonnet G3 NuBus 500 mhz, Macintosh Color Display Monitor and quicktime music settings adjusted in order to use the Roland Sound Canvas SC88 for music.

Hey, you have a Midi-Mountain like LGR.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiMP-PlL6VM

I just have some Apple Speakers with my Mac Color Classic. But I am considering a Midi device.

Reply 1681 of 2202, by RadRacer203

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

New to Vogons but here's my revamped KVM setup I finished up last night. I really need to get a new desk cause it's not strong enough and I had to prop it up with a thick oak slab underneath 🤣. Kind of a spaghetti mess in the back also but not much I can do about that.
Computers on top are are:
Dual p3/dual voodoo 2 in Inwin a500, ultra scsi 10k drives, still have to set up raid
grey one was a celeron but now an i5-6600k and GT 730TI running Ubuntu
XPS 630i with core 2 quad extreme and GTX 460
XT clone case has a Pentium 2 266 and can't remember the other specs
Zenith 386 on top of that has a 40mhz 486dlc chip and tseng gpu
Ultra on top of that is a 66mhxz 486 dx2 with a Hercules Dynamite vlb card
At the top is the stock ps/2e my uncle bought new

Bottom from left to right:
ALR 6x6/Unisys Aquanta HS/6, work in progress
Athlon tweener system, nothing special just set up for max compatibility
PowerMac clone, (New York?) not too sure on specs yet
Dual 200mhz/1mb Pentium Pro machine, still in the process of setting it up
Aptiva 2176 that came from a scrap pile, one of the best little computers I've ever had

[attachment=-1]KVM-min (1).jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

Reply 1683 of 2202, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome to vogons.org RadRacer203. Nice setup you have there.

I know what you mean by the desk bending. In my case it was huge crts. I've replaced the majity of them with good quality lcd monitors and the shelves have returned back a bit to their original positions 😉 Being old , not as fit as I was 25 years ago and good 5:4 lcd screens can be had for $nz10-20 now days.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 1684 of 2202, by CMB75

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RadRacer203 wrote on 2021-01-19, 16:30:
New to Vogons but here's my revamped KVM setup I finished up last night. I really need to get a new desk cause it's not strong e […]
Show full quote

New to Vogons but here's my revamped KVM setup I finished up last night. I really need to get a new desk cause it's not strong enough and I had to prop it up with a thick oak slab underneath 🤣. Kind of a spaghetti mess in the back also but not much I can do about that.
Dual p3/dual voodoo 2 in Inwin a500, ultra scsi 10k drives, still have to set up raid

Aptiva 2176 that came from a scrap pile, one of the best little computers I've ever had

Welcome to VOGONS from my side, always nice to “meet” new forum members. Gorgeous wall art you’ve got there... 👍🏻

Reply 1685 of 2202, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Indeed, a creative wall art! Very good

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 1686 of 2202, by RadRacer203

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks all for the kind words! It's not much but it works really well for me. Loads more computers on top of these, these are just the ones I use regularly and can be kind of all stacked together unlike my XT's or Macintoshes

Reply 1689 of 2202, by RadRacer203

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
pan069 wrote on 2021-01-19, 22:31:

New to Vogons but here's my revamped KVM setup I finished up last night.

Nice set up. What KVM are you using? It's difficult to see in the photo...

Some kind of Belkin 16 port unit, it was just the cheapest working one with all the cables I could get on ebay 🤣

Reply 1690 of 2202, by wirerogue

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

my new work bench with lots of room courtesy of pier 1 going out of business.
steel frame with with casters too.
this wasn't a regular pier 1 item for sale, just some bench they had in the back that i talked them out of for $40.

new.bench.jpg
Filename
new.bench.jpg
File size
246.14 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 1691 of 2202, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
New to Vogons but here's my revamped KVM setup I finished up last night. I really need to get a new desk cause it's not strong e […]
Show full quote

Nice setup!

And you really need to upload more pictures of your wall decor 😀

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 1692 of 2202, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some very nice rigs you have. The duel P3 with V2 SLI and Duel PPro are the most exciting for me. Although I'm strangely attracted to that ear of Dell XPS styling in the last few years.

Reply 1693 of 2202, by RadRacer203

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
chinny22 wrote on 2021-01-20, 09:51:

Some very nice rigs you have. The duel P3 with V2 SLI and Duel PPro are the most exciting for me. Although I'm strangely attracted to that ear of Dell XPS styling in the last few years.

Thanks! The ALR actually has 6 Pentium Pros, I'm in the process of setting it up now! The dual PPro is definitely better for normal use though. That specific model of XPS is one of my favorite computers ever and I'm still not quite sure why

Reply 1694 of 2202, by fyw321

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Last year I dug up my first PC from my dad's place, he brought this to me in 03 when I was on 3rd grade, and it cost months of his salary.
However it was still a very basic model and slow even in best of its days. Had to decommission it for the poor performance in 08, and replaced with another C2D E7200+P43 rig.
Anyway I had a lot of time at home last year due to the virus. So I cleaned it up, hunted down two 512mb sdram, brought bunch of capacitors, learned how to use an iron and recapped a few dead ones. Also replaced PSU with a similar modern model from the very same manufacturer. It's designed for industrial use now, but I doubt they have any gamer model PSU back in 03.
Back in the days I already trashed my floppy drive, keyboard, mouse and speaker. CRT monitor was spared but not sure if it still works, too heavy and big to test or move.
Recently I got a brand new mouse with ball (I don't know the formal name for these kind of old mouses), and the very same keyboard from my original set. But the multimedia key on the top doesn't work, can't find win98 driver.
Also brought an used Dell monitor online with very cheap price, and plugged a Dell speaker below it.
Now it works fine with Windows 98se, but I'm still struggling to get the graphics driver for my newly brought Radeon 9000 working.
New CPU fan is on the way, the old one survived for almost 20 years and sounds a little loud.

CPU: Intel Tualatin Celeron 1.3Ghz
MB: Gigabyte GA-6veml
RAM: 512mb sdram *2, one 133mhz and one 100mh, both working at 100
HDD: WD 40G
Graphics: onboard graphics, I read the brand Trident but the driver file says S3, I'm not sure.

Attachments

• 20200404_164641.jpg
    Filename
    20200404_164641.jpg
    File size
    1.01 MiB
    Views
    File comment
    Front look
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • 20200528_193908.jpg
    Filename
    20200528_193908.jpg
    File size
    1020.32 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Place for retro PC
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1695 of 2202, by Nick4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wirerogue wrote on 2021-01-19, 23:00:
my new work bench with lots of room courtesy of pier 1 going out of business. steel frame with with casters too. this wasn't a r […]
Show full quote

this wasn't a regular pier 1 item for sale, just some bench they had in the back that i talked them out of for $40.
new.bench.jpg

Nice and clean setup!
Beige monitor would be great!)

Reply 1696 of 2202, by wirerogue

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Nick4 wrote on 2021-01-21, 12:27:
my new work bench with lots of room courtesy of pier 1 going out of business. steel frame with with casters too. this wasn't a r […]
Show full quote

new.bench.jpg

Nice and clean setup!

that is just my work area and the nec lcd2090uxi is an awesome 4:3 lcd monitor so it works perfect with everything i own.
this is actually my play area with a 21" viewsonic pf817 flat crt that i paid way too much for but, i had to have it cuz i am dumb.

retro.station.jpg
Filename
retro.station.jpg
File size
443.84 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 1697 of 2202, by Nick4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wirerogue wrote on 2021-01-21, 15:53:
that is just my work area and the nec lcd2090uxi is an awesome 4:3 lcd monitor so it works perfect with everything i own. this i […]
Show full quote
Nick4 wrote on 2021-01-21, 12:27:
Show full quote

new.bench.jpg

Nice and clean setup!

that is just my work area and the nec lcd2090uxi is an awesome 4:3 lcd monitor so it works perfect with everything i own.
this is actually my play area with a 21" viewsonic pf817 flat crt that i paid way too much for but, i had to have it cuz i am dumb.
retro.station.jpg

Wow, this looks absolutely gorgeous!

Reply 1699 of 2202, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wouldn't it look a lot better with the tandy beneath the monitor instead of on the floor?

sen7inel wrote on 2021-01-25, 13:33:

Behold my Tandy 425SX battlestation! A bit minimalist compared to some awesome rigs here but it is what it is.

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave