VOGONS

First post, by digicube

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Would like to get forward and back buttons in NT4 for easier browsing of files and folders.

Reply 1 of 6, by jholt0147

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Windows Desktop Update for NT4/Win95 does add forward and back buttons. Why anyone would want the webby desktop is beyond me it slows NT4 and 95 down and makes them both way more unstable. I edit win95C's setuppp.inf to prevent it from being installed among other things. I suggest before letting IE take over open my computer click View and enable the toolbar then on options in the view menu and select open folders in same window, but if you really want the webby desktop you have install IE 4.0 select custom install and select windows desktop update

Reply 5 of 6, by jholt0147

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
chinny22 wrote on 2021-02-01, 09:56:
You have the go back 1 level icon (the folder with the up arrow) that's almost the same as back. […]
Show full quote

You have the go back 1 level icon (the folder with the up arrow) that's almost the same as back.

1554869780.or.88685.png

I have to ask why does your nt4 screenshot have an activate windows link in the start menu

Reply 6 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

haha didn't notice that!
It's not actually my pic, I just asked google to find me a screenshot that showed the button.
Guess it came from a website that modded XP or something to look like NT4, even still it serves its purpose here