VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 21, by shan2752

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dave343 wrote on 2021-01-31, 21:04:

Does anyone know where I can obtain either a install folder dump, or floppy img dump of Tex Murphy - Mean Streets? I've been wanting to replay it *on my 386 PC, but the only thing I've come across is buying from GOG (which I have already). My 386 PC has the GoTek floppy drive installed, but it's the 1.44MB drive, and besides finding floppy images, or a dump of the installation folder, I can't find out if the game only came on 720kb floppies (Which I don't think my GoTek supports... at least not in it's stock firmware state).

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Buy a legal copy from GOG and then download the floppy images here: Link removed

Reply 21 of 21, by dave343

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shan2752 wrote on 2021-02-04, 00:16:
dave343 wrote on 2021-01-31, 21:04:

Does anyone know where I can obtain either a install folder dump, or floppy img dump of Tex Murphy - Mean Streets? I've been wanting to replay it *on my 386 PC, but the only thing I've come across is buying from GOG (which I have already). My 386 PC has the GoTek floppy drive installed, but it's the 1.44MB drive, and besides finding floppy images, or a dump of the installation folder, I can't find out if the game only came on 720kb floppies (Which I don't think my GoTek supports... at least not in it's stock firmware state).

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Buy a legal copy from GOG and then download the floppy images here: Link removed

I did buy a legal copy from GOG but then I just did what was suggested above and stripped the unnecessary files from the folder, then copied over the 2mb (2mb 🤣) folder to the 386. Worked like a charm. It's the first time I'm playing Tex Murphy Mean Streets and I gotta say, for a games that's only 2mb, the graphics in game are pretty good as well the sound.