VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The game works fine on the original release version. However when I patch it to version 1.3.1, the game crashes selecting 'New Game'. The new patch introduces a few more small features so I would like to use that version instead of the release version. A debug log is generated as provided below:

Attachments

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 1 of 3, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

From my notes on this game:

The latest patch as of 27 October 2006 is the Version 1.31 Patch available from FlyingFlip Studios. Although the documentation suggests that this is an upgrade patch from Version 1.30 to Version 1.31, it is in fact a full upgrade from Version 1.0 of the game. The ffpatch.tag file in the upgrade package should be placed in the plugins folder (the included instructions fail to mention this fact). After this patch is applied, the CD-ROM does not need to be inserted in order to play the game, however, the CD-ROM must be inserted in order to view the introductory cutscene since this cutscene is not copied to the hard drive.

Reply 2 of 3, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
akula65 wrote on 2021-02-06, 18:14:

From my notes on this game:

The latest patch as of 27 October 2006 is the Version 1.31 Patch available from FlyingFlip Studios. Although the documentation suggests that this is an upgrade patch from Version 1.30 to Version 1.31, it is in fact a full upgrade from Version 1.0 of the game. The ffpatch.tag file in the upgrade package should be placed in the plugins folder (the included instructions fail to mention this fact). After this patch is applied, the CD-ROM does not need to be inserted in order to play the game, however, the CD-ROM must be inserted in order to view the introductory cutscene since this cutscene is not copied to the hard drive.

Thank you very much. Copying the file to plugins directory did the trick.
Moreover, when I launch the game now, the intro doesn't play but it only plays when I click the 'replay intro' button in the menu. Is this a feature to not play intro on the game startup?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 3 of 3, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I really don't remember. I would imagine that the answer is in the patch release notes (possibly in an earlier revision).

By the way, if you have further technical issues with any of the Myth games, the best place to get answers is probably the forum at the Tain: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/ . It may take a while to get an answer since the community has dwindled, but some devs are still updating Myth II and they do still moderate the forum.