VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by David Bunin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Please go easy on me. I am not a computer maven. I have a DOS game that my wife and I play called Scorched Earth. It's a tank vs tank game where you set power and angle and try to shoot the other guy first over the mountains.
We play this game within DOS Box (version 0.74) and it always comes up in a rather small window. I press ALT+Enter to make it full-screen and it comes up about 10% bigger than my monitor space, so I run the auto-adjust on the monitor before we play the game.
But a few days ago, the ALT+Enter stopped working. It's like it tries to make it full-screen but then fails and the active window is the DOS Box splash screen.
Did something in Windows change in the last two weeks? Something in DOS Box?
Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope.
David

Reply 1 of 1, by Lawnie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

First off, Scorched Earth is awesome. Secondly, check your graphics card settings to make sure that it's not been altered by an update when it comes to scaling of full-screen applications. Thirdly, check your DOSBox configuration file, as it sounds like a scaling issue. You can change the output and scaler settings but also (more importantly) the fullresolution settings in there to match whatever your monitor is outputting.

Last but not least, if it's cropping off the screen like that, it sounds like an overscan issue with your monitor, so that might be worth looking into so you don't have to auto-adjust each time.

GET OFF MY LAWN - Yet another retro PC game review channel.