VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi there,

i wrote a program to change the General MIDI port on the Miles drivers which are packed. The driver port is always 330h, and if you have different General Midi daughterboards on other ports then this program is for you.

A few things to keep in mind:

- This is for the CD version only; (who wants to play the floppy version when you can have Patrick Stewart?)
- This assumes you copied your CD contents into the harddrive, to a \CD subdirectory inside your main game folder; (files in CD's can't be written)
- After you use the program then you can use FakeCD to mount the files into a D: drive and play;
- Remember if you want to play on a MT-32, you might want to repatch for port 330h;

Enjoy, and let me know if it worked for you.

Filename
LOLPORT.exe
File size
2.05 KiB
Downloads
75 downloads
File license
Public domain

EDIT: Here's an updated version of this tool. In similar fashion to what i did for Lost Vikings, this version allows a specific user input defined port.

Filename
lolmpu.exe
File size
2.06 KiB
Downloads
75 downloads
File license
Public domain
Last edited by carlostex on 2021-02-20, 19:03. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 3 of 7, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A lot of refinements made, probably last version of the tool. It is now (hopefully) completely dummy proof. Invalid characters will be denied, and only 3 actual characters are possible to input.

Some code optimization made too, with much better multiplication. Not that a simple tool needed it, but i'm OCD.

Reply 4 of 7, by Peter.Mengel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
carlostex wrote on 2021-01-25, 15:46:
Hi there, […]
Show full quote

Hi there,

i wrote a program to change the General MIDI port on the Miles drivers which are packed. The driver port is always 330h, and if you have different General Midi daughterboards on other ports then this program is for you.

A few things to keep in mind:

- This is for the CD version only; (who wants to play the floppy version when you can have Patrick Stewart?)
- This assumes you copied your CD contents into the harddrive, to a \CD subdirectory inside your main game folder; (files in CD's can't be written)
- After you use the program then you can use FakeCD to mount the files into a D: drive and play;
- Remember if you want to play on a MT-32, you might want to repatch for port 330h;

Enjoy, and let me know if it worked for you.

LOLPORT.exe

EDIT: Here's an updated version of this tool. In similar fashion to what i did for Lost Vikings, this version allows a specific user input defined port.

lolmpu.exe

Hi any tip about FakeCD? Ive found FakeCD 99 but nowwhere to download. I own a CD of the game but i cant modify it. Thanks for the Tool.

Reply 5 of 7, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Peter.Mengel wrote on 2022-07-31, 03:16:

Hi any tip about FakeCD? Ive found FakeCD 99 but nowwhere to download. I own a CD of the game but i cant modify it. Thanks for the Tool.

This is what you're after: http://www.math.uni-rostock.de/~nfa506/fakecddr.html

Reply 6 of 7, by Peter.Mengel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Pierre32 wrote on 2022-07-31, 03:37:

Ive found my Virtual CD6 CD today its working like a charm, Copy files to HDD...edit them. And then bound them back as a virtual Drive. But i wish i could get my hands onto FakeCD99
it had a Gui back then if iam not wrong.

Reply 7 of 7, by Peter.Mengel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Peter.Mengel wrote on 2022-08-02, 14:26:
Pierre32 wrote on 2022-07-31, 03:37:

Ive found my Virtual CD6 CD today its working like a charm, Copy files to HDD...edit them. And then bound them back as a virtual Drive. But i wish i could get my hands onto FakeCD99
it had a Gui back then if iam not wrong.

Ok to anyone who founds this...i remembered why i dumped the CD back then as trash in the basement for forever...Virtua CD6 did work shit!....It always unmounted the images and caused plenty of Problems...so back to the trash with it....