VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Cluelessnoob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am creating desktop shortcut to my game and passing the options I need to run them through the shortcuts to avoid multiple configuration files. I was able to get two games running with no problem. The third game is an iso in a directory on my hard drive. The manual suggests imgmount so I tried the option -imgmount e "C:\ISOs\Menzoberranzan.iso" -t iso. This does not work, however. I edited the autoexec section in the default config to test, and it worked. I reset the config file and ran dosbox and entered the command line, and the image mounted. I copied the command from the dosbox window to the target of the shortcut and tried again, no help. It is probably a simple typo, but does anyone have a copy of imgmount from a shortcut I can look at to see what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Reply 1 of 7, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I use the cdrom argument. Not sure exactly what it does, but I have used it for everything and no issues so far.

imgmount d "E:\DOS\1994\WarCraft\cd\warcraft.cue" -t cdrom
mount c "E:\DOS\1994\WarCraft"
imgmount d "E:\DOS\1994\WarCraft\cd\warcraft.cue" -t cdrom
mount m "E:\DOS\DOS\MDF"
m:
CALL SC55.BAT
c:
CALL WAR.EXE
EXIT

Reply 2 of 7, by Cluelessnoob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried "C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74-3\DOSBox.exe" -imgmount e "C:\ISOs\Menzoberranzan.ISO" -t cdrom -fullscreen, fullscreen works but it is still not mounting. Are there any other options?

[edit] I edited the shortcut to start dosbox , runn full screen and added the -cls option, full screen worked but not the cls.

Reply 4 of 7, by Cluelessnoob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I checked the manual, read up on the command option and tried it. Dosbox attempts the mount but gives me a "drive letter must be specified" message. This is the entry in the shortcut target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74-3\DOSBox.exe" -c imgmount e "E:\ISOs\Menzoberranzan.iso" -t iso. There is a space between the imgmount command and drive letter. Another typo somewhere?

Reply 6 of 7, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I use the autoexec portion of dosbox.conf and then use the -conf parameter to pass the path and name of the configuration file. Or rather launchbox does that for me, but I am pretty sure -conf is the argument.