VOGONS

Video Card prices

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 41, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well if you ban it globally. You have no way to convert it to normal currency of your country, and it will stay a means to only make illegal transactions for illegal goods or activities. Yeah cocaine is nice and expensive (not in South-America), but you can not go to any store and buy bread with it 😁

PS. Still using a 65W all in one AMD A10 APU for my main machine. 😉

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 41 of 41, by y2k se

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RedCharles wrote on 2021-02-20, 05:04:

What are your thoughts? What's going to happen?

I sim-race as an alternative for not being able to physical-race and as a somewhat unfortunate matter of timing a 1080, 1080 ti and 2080 ti (all EVGA FTW3 hybrids) in the house. The prices these cards are pulling are crazy, but we're in a bubble state which by definition is irrational and unpredictable. It's just a matter of how close to the ledge are you willing to go if selling. And its not limited to bitcoin mining and video cards. Sim-racing hardware demand skyrocketed when COVID-19 restrictions began and it continues to hard to find some higher-end products. Used car prices are insane, also.

Tualatin Celeron 1.4 + Powerleap PL-IP3/T, ASUS P2B, 512 MB RAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, Voodoo2 SLI, AWE64, 32GB IDE SSD, Dell 2001FP