VOGONS

First post, by gavin_darkglider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now that DCK is opensource, the final registered release was released with it and can be found here. https://github.com/benpetermorris/DCK/blob/ma … -R.EXE?raw=true

the source code is also located at https://github.com/benpetermorris/DCK. I was thinking about porting it to linux, but i figured I would play with it in dos box first, but it seems to trigger some bug in dosbox. Also, the first link is an installer EXE file, and the only graphics mode that kind of works is vesa, but once the screen comes up it is covered in hexadecimal strings written over the window.

Dosbox log snippit

DOSBox version 0.74-3
Copyright 2002-2019 DOSBox Team, published under GNU GPL.
---
CONFIG:Loading primary settings from config file /root/.dosbox/dosbox-0.74-3.conf
MIXER:Got different values from SDL: freq 44100, blocksize 940
ALSA:Can't subscribe to MIDI port (65:0) nor (17:0)
MIDI:Opened device:none
ALSA lib /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.2.3.2-r1/work/alsa-lib-1.2.3.2/src/pcm/pcm.c:8545:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred
ALSA lib /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.2.3.2-r1/work/alsa-lib-1.2.3.2/src/pcm/pcm.c:8545:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred
DOSBox switched to max cycles, because of the setting: cycles=auto. If the game runs too fast try a fixed cycles amount in DOSBox's options.
Segmentation fault

Reply 2 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The program is working for me with default settings in DOSBox 0.74-3 and SVN. It starts up and appears to function correctly; however, I am using Windows builds.

Perhaps the video options for Tseng 3000, 4000, and Paradise will work if DOSBox is set to the matching machine type, but the VESA option with the machine=svga_s3 setting is probably the best choice.

Reply 3 of 4, by gavin_darkglider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2021-04-02, 17:57:

Have you tested this application on real hardware, or at least in something like PCem?

Not in a very long time, and I never had the unlocked registered version, but I did have the final shareware version, which was essentually the same, with some of the options removed.

ripsaw8080 wrote on 2021-04-02, 20:18:

The program is working for me with default settings in DOSBox 0.74-3 and SVN. It starts up and appears to function correctly; however, I am using Windows builds.

Perhaps the video options for Tseng 3000, 4000, and Paradise will work if DOSBox is set to the matching machine type, but the VESA option with the machine=svga_s3 setting is probably the best choice.

The installer worked fine, it was the actual app, once you give it game data that crashed. I can probably get a screen shot if it helps, if I can get it to not crash on load.
I have also tried multiple ums/xms options as well, but all the defaults were about right to begin with, since if I changed them it failed to start at all.