nssi2.png
Filename
nssi2.png
File size
5.55 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 541 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Version 6.1.3 released
Changes:

• Fixed detection of some Video7 cards.
  • Fixed detection of Chromatic Mpact 2 memory size.
  • Improved detection of IIT FPU clock.
  • Fixed detection of some Intel 486SX2 CPUs.
  • Fixed a possible crash on some Acumos VGAs.
  • Improved detection of IBM486SLC.
  • Fixed detection of Cyrix Cx486S.

Check initial post for package or download from www.hwinfo.com

Reply 542 of 881, by GuillermoXT

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2021-03-30, 11:42:
Version 6.1.3 released Changes: […]
Show full quote

Version 6.1.3 released
Changes:

• Fixed detection of some Video7 cards.
  • Fixed detection of Chromatic Mpact 2 memory size.
  • Improved detection of IIT FPU clock.
  • Fixed detection of some Intel 486SX2 CPUs.
  • Fixed a possible crash on some Acumos VGAs.
  • Improved detection of IBM486SLC.
  • Fixed detection of Cyrix Cx486S.

Check initial post for package or download from www.hwinfo.com

Great Work 😀
Do you have a Edition with runs on my 286 Tandon @8Mhz, 1Mb Ram + 3Mb XMS ?

My Retrosystems:
PIII on GA-6BA running Win98SE
AMD K6 233 on GA-586HX with Win95
Tandon 286-8MHZ Running DOS 6.22 on XTIDE-CF
M326 486DLC + 4c87dlc (Dos+Win3.11)
ECS UM4980 AMD DX2 80 5V (Dos & Win3.11)

Reply 543 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GuillermoXT wrote on 2021-04-04, 13:56:

Great Work 😀
Do you have a Edition with runs on my 286 Tandon @8Mhz, 1Mb Ram + 3Mb XMS ?

See the initial post - currently the minimum requirement is 386.

It would be theoretically possible to build a version capable to run on 286, but this would cost even more conventional memory and most probably require a completely new project. Not sure if there would be a demand for such version...

Reply 546 of 881, by GuillermoXT

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2021-04-05, 17:57:

If there would be a demand for an 8086-80286 version I can start work on such project.

Please start programming 🙂
🙏

My Retrosystems:
PIII on GA-6BA running Win98SE
AMD K6 233 on GA-586HX with Win95
Tandon 286-8MHZ Running DOS 6.22 on XTIDE-CF
M326 486DLC + 4c87dlc (Dos+Win3.11)
ECS UM4980 AMD DX2 80 5V (Dos & Win3.11)

Reply 547 of 881, by ALEKS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Martin,

There is an issue with the keyboard controller detection on my system. Please see the picture below.
My keyboard controller is VIA VT82C42. I know it cannot be detected by its name but at lease you can specify the keyboard controller version as reported by issuing command 0xA1 to port 0x64.
For instance, my controller returns version F or 0x46 in hexadecimal.

I had some issues recently with my hardware designs and I had to write my own program to report back the keyboard controller version. Maybe the code is of use to you. However I'm sure you already know the keyboard controller commands already...

hwinfo-no-kbdctl.jpg
Filename
hwinfo-no-kbdctl.jpg
File size
247.27 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Also regarding the FDC37C669 chip, it is correctly detected, but on my system it is completely disabled in BIOS (I am running an ISA controller with all what's needed onboard). It might be interesting if you could detect whether it is enabled/disabled in order to display something like: FDC37C669 (disabled)
I have an AWARD BIOS and in INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS section I have disabled the following:
* On-Chip Primary PCI IDE
* Onboard FDC Controller
* Onboard UART 1
* Onboard UART 2
* Onboard Parallel Port

I took a quick look at the datasheet and all these are part of the FDC37C669 IC.

Cheers,

TX486DLC / 40 MHz | 32 Mb RAM | 16-bit ISA Backplane | Tseng Labs ET4000/W32i 2 Mb | I/O Interface | Audio Interface | PC Speaker Driver | Signal View Interface
3.5" & 5.25" FDD | 4 x 512 Mb CF | HP 82341D Interface | Intel EtherExpress 16

Reply 548 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the hints about the 8042 version, I will note that for a future version.
Regarding the SIO chip, I don't plan reporting the actual state. Universal support of so many different SIO/LPC chips is quite problematic on many boards and causing compatibility issues, so I don't want to add more here.

Reply 549 of 881, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ALEKS wrote on 2021-04-05, 18:37:

I had some issues recently with my hardware designs and I had to write my own program to report back the keyboard controller version.

BTW it's interesting about AMI BIOS checksum. I never modded such old BIOS and for newer (Pentium+ era) was tools that recalculated it. I wouldn't expect anything complicated than simple 8-bit sum but who knows. The checksum routine should be executed soon after CPU reset vector. You could load your BIOS image in BOCHS debugger and try to trace it if you could find some loop that do calc the chksum... Also you can trace with bad checksum BIOS image and seek when it execute differently, maybe some trigger could be set on such condition...

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA

Reply 550 of 881, by ALEKS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the hint. When I will have some time I will load the AMI 8/8/93 ROM BIOS into Bochs and try to trace it. I never done something like that with Bochs. But I have some knowledge on reverse engineering.
My initial thought would've been to debug the AMI BIOS ROM directly in-circuit, with my HP Logic Analyzer. But I am still searching for a 80386DX preprocessor interface to the logic analyzer. I might be lucky and find one and do the debugging on a hardware level directly, with hardware breakpoints and get the results back via the 80386 inverse assembler (which I already installed on my LA machine).

If anyone knows where AMI BIOS 1993 version holds the checksum, please let me know.
Otherwise my DIY 80386DX project works perfectly (even though I'm using an AT-mode configured keyboard controller due to BIOS limitations).

TX486DLC / 40 MHz | 32 Mb RAM | 16-bit ISA Backplane | Tseng Labs ET4000/W32i 2 Mb | I/O Interface | Audio Interface | PC Speaker Driver | Signal View Interface
3.5" & 5.25" FDD | 4 x 512 Mb CF | HP 82341D Interface | Intel EtherExpress 16

Reply 551 of 881, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ALEKS wrote on 2021-04-06, 16:50:

Thanks for the hint. When I will have some time I will load the AMI 8/8/93 ROM BIOS into Bochs and try to trace it. I never done something like that with Bochs. But I have some knowledge on reverse engineering.

MAME's debugger might also suit your purpose.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 552 of 881, by crvs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In my 486, "Peripherals info" gets stuck on "Checking: PnP sound cards", and it's hanging on this screen infinitely. The system does not seem to be totally frozen, at least soft reset is working, but I could not find other means to exit the application when this happens. Tested it with the lates version (613), rig configuration is the following: PC-Chips M919 with 256k L2 cash stick, Intel 486 dx4/100, 128 Mb FPM RAM, S3 Trio 64V+ PCI video (removing all other adapters for the test doesn't change the outcome).

Reply 553 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
crvs wrote on 2021-04-08, 09:37:

In my 486, "Peripherals info" gets stuck on "Checking: PnP sound cards", and it's hanging on this screen infinitely. The system does not seem to be totally frozen, at least soft reset is working, but I could not find other means to exit the application when this happens. Tested it with the lates version (613), rig configuration is the following: PC-Chips M919 with 256k L2 cash stick, Intel 486 dx4/100, 128 Mb FPM RAM, S3 Trio 64V+ PCI video (removing all other adapters for the test doesn't change the outcome).

Can you please run "HWINFO -d" (in debug mode) and after reset grab the HWINFO.DBG file and post here?

Reply 555 of 881, by crvs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2021-04-08, 09:48:

Can you please run "HWINFO -d" (in debug mode) and after reset grab the HWINFO.DBG file and post here?

Sure - here it is.

Attachments

• Filename
    HWINFO.DBG.7z
    File size
    514 Bytes
    Downloads
    56 downloads
    File license

Reply 556 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
crvs wrote on 2021-04-08, 13:50:
Mumak wrote on 2021-04-08, 09:48:

Sure - here it is.

Thanks. Does the system have a PnP-compliant BIOS? It seems to return an erratic number of PnP devices in system.
Can you check in the Mainboard screen -> BIOS -> PnP, what is shown there?
Btw, pressing F2 will save the current screen into HWINFO.LOG file.

Reply 557 of 881, by crvs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2021-04-08, 13:56:

Thanks. Does the system have a PnP-compliant BIOS? It seems to return an erratic number of PnP devices in system.

BIOS information screenshot is attached, but when I'm trying to open "Plug-and-Play support: Present (V1.0)", it displays a red banner "Fatal Error - Cannot continue" and reboots the computer. I tried several times but was not able to save its screenshot, it probably doesnt' react on F2 at this point.

Attachments

• Filename
    HWINFO.LOG
    File size
    1.61 KiB
    Downloads
    55 downloads
    File license

Reply 558 of 881, by Mumak

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
crvs wrote on 2021-04-08, 14:21:
Mumak wrote on 2021-04-08, 13:56:

BIOS information screenshot is attached, but when I'm trying to open "Plug-and-Play support: Present (V1.0)", it displays a red banner "Fatal Error - Cannot continue" and reboots the computer. I tried several times but was not able to save its screenshot, it probably doesnt' react on F2 at this point.

Thanks. Could you please repeat that sequence with debug mode (-d switch) and attach a new DBG file? Maybe it will tell me more why BIOS PnP services are causing such issue.

Reply 559 of 881, by crvs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mumak wrote on 2021-04-08, 17:01:

Thanks. Could you please repeat that sequence with debug mode (-d switch) and attach a new DBG file? Maybe it will tell me more why BIOS PnP services are causing such issue.

Of course, here is the result.

Attachments

• Filename
    HWINFO.DBG.7z
    File size
    459 Bytes
    Downloads
    57 downloads
    File license