VOGONS

Reply 700 of 1061, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My name came up as next on the wait list this week and I had a nice chat with Leo by e-mail to arrange my order. I'm very happy to support this project and will be eagerly awaiting delivery.

Last edited by Kahenraz on 2021-07-03, 07:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 701 of 1061, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

thanks for the support Kahenraz!
box'o'stuff will be shipped Monday morning 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 702 of 1061, by aitotat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
640K!enough wrote on 2021-06-29, 17:37:

In Sound Blaster mode, it is coupled with SB-FMVol. It's somewhat sub-optimal, but there is nothing that we can do about it.

That helped a little. I assume it also means that just the wavetable (and not FM) cannot be muted completely? Otherwise it would have been possible to use the 3,5mm output from X2 and connect it to CD-in.

Reply 703 of 1061, by slai50

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A few months ago I put my name on the waitlist for an Orpheus soundcard and I finally received an email from Edro 3 weeks ago informing me I could purchase the soundcard. In the email he requested payment by paypal gift and I was told the sound card would be shipped and tracking number provided within 3-7 working days after payment. I have yet to receive a tracking number after 3 weeks and emailing have yielded no responses. For the people who have received an email to purchase the soundcard, did they also request payment via Paypal gift? Should I be worried?

Reply 704 of 1061, by Marmes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You shouldn't be worried, because I'm Edro and your card is on the way. Since I work with medical devices, things got a bit delayed, with work volume, I had no time to go to post office, that, also works with limited schedules.
Please be a bit more patient. You will get your card soon!

Cheers!

Ed

Reply 706 of 1061, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
aitotat wrote on 2021-07-03, 05:55:

That helped a little. I assume it also means that just the wavetable (and not FM) cannot be muted completely? Otherwise it would have been possible to use the 3,5mm output from X2 and connect it to CD-in.

There could be a way to support that, but I haven't yet found an elegant way to do it yet. I haven't heard of volume-level problems with the X2 so far, however. With which software are you experiencing these problems? Can you describe the behaviour more completely?

Reply 707 of 1061, by j^aws

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi @keropi, @Marmes,

Hope you are well.

I don't mind waiting as long as it takes for this card and supporting this great project. I placed an order from the contract us PCMIDI page, however, I've had no confirmation of receipt of order, so I have no idea if it went through or not and waiting indefinitely. Could someone please confirm receipt? Many thanks.

Reply 708 of 1061, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
j^aws wrote on 2021-07-07, 19:47:

Hi @keropi, @Marmes,

Hope you are well.

I don't mind waiting as long as it takes for this card and supporting this great project. I placed an order from the contract us PCMIDI page, however, I've had no confirmation of receipt of order, so I have no idea if it went through or not and waiting indefinitely. Could someone please confirm receipt? Many thanks.

send me via PM the email address you filled in the form
there is no receipt, you get added to the queue automatically 😀
I know it's not the best solution but I cannot think of anything better given the limitations and amount of cards we can produce at a given time...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 709 of 1061, by j^aws

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote on 2021-07-07, 20:28:
send me via PM the email address you filled in the form there is no receipt, you get added to the queue automatically :) I know […]
Show full quote
j^aws wrote on 2021-07-07, 19:47:

Hi @keropi, @Marmes,

Hope you are well.

send me via PM the email address you filled in the form
there is no receipt, you get added to the queue automatically 😀
I know it's not the best solution but I cannot think of anything better given the limitations and amount of cards we can produce at a given time...

PM sent! Cheers!

Reply 710 of 1061, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My candy arrived today.

IMG_20210713_153341_resize_40.jpg
Filename
IMG_20210713_153341_resize_40.jpg
File size
547.72 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20210713_153327_resize_15.jpg
Filename
IMG_20210713_153327_resize_15.jpg
File size
413.24 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20210713_153311_resize_87.jpg
Filename
IMG_20210713_153311_resize_87.jpg
File size
458.2 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 713 of 1061, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mothergoose729 wrote on 2021-07-13, 19:49:

Lame. I didn't get any candy. Just a PCB and it doesn't taste very good at all.

now you see candy depends on guilt.
IF I ate enough then I feel guilty and I need to get rid of some to feel better.
IF I want more then sorry I want them for myself
so it's random 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reply 715 of 1061, by mbliss11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ElBrunzy wrote on 2021-06-08, 19:22:
mbliss11 wrote on 2021-06-03, 01:50:

I actually purchased another one a few months ago to have on hand for parts in case mine ever went bad. The old tech hoard continues to grow haha. I had updated my BIOS on the main system to A20 a while ago which was the one I was testing the card on. I am not sure what version the other machine has. It has a slightly different motherboard revision that the one I currently have (more jumpers for different processors) but I will try it out on that system this week as well and report back. I had only booted the spare machine up once really I just got it for the board and the power supply and the front bezel on the case was in slightly better shape than my main system so I swapped those out.

Shoot if you guys are really interested I could mail out the spare to you to test and play around with if you are interested. Would take a bit to get to you from the US.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, both the optiplex and the orpheus are outstanding system and it's a shame you are having difficulty using it. My optiplex gx200 was for long my favorite retro-gear but it started to have power issue so with the promise to inspect and recap the PSU I put it on my spare part shelve. Reading about your problem made me realize both the orpheus was on my crafting table (for waveblaster card switch) and I could dust off the optiplex and honor my words. So I took the chance to help a brother in soundcard and reproduce your problem but no dice, it worked fine... I think I could reproduce the behavior Keropi talked, first boot took some times, I did not timed it but it could be around 30~60 seconds, other reboot went promptly. Long ago I think I eventually corrupted the ESCD of that computer fooling around and I dont know how to bring it back. I cannot get rid of those two PNP error message, ever ! I think a bios upgrade/reset did not help, Is this the kind of screen you are stuck at ? Maybe getting back to an older BIOS then upgrading to current could force some config reset ? I'm not expert and I wonder if the ESCD is something that is built at each boot and stored on a nvram and read back for faster subsequent boot ?20210608142925_IMG_1403.JPG

Hey sorry life got in the way for a bit and I had not had the chance to revisit this. I just put together a mt32-pi and discovered the dang hanging note bug on my aw32 and then looked over at the corner of the room to my orpheus and sighed haha. No I do not get any message after ram check the system just hangs. I was able to replicate the issue on my other dell that does not have the A20 bios still same thing. I still plan on throwing the orpheus into one of my other socket7 systems but really wish I could have used it in the dell as it has become my primary DOS machine. Thanks for helping out a fellow brother in soundcard appreciate the help!

Time to replace the awe32 with a 64 I had laying around.

Reply 716 of 1061, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mbliss11 wrote on 2021-07-18, 20:39:

I still plan on throwing the orpheus into one of my other socket7 systems but really wish I could have used it in the dell as it has become my primary DOS machine.

I think I can pre-announce that the upcoming version of ORPHINIT will include support for another initialisation method, which should allow us to get around this problem. We should be able to provide instructions within the next few weeks. So, as long as you don't mind following a new procedure and trying a new release (which may not work perfectly on the first try), your wish to use the Orpheus with that Dell machine will likely be granted.

Reply 718 of 1061, by mbliss11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
640K!enough wrote on 2021-07-19, 18:17:
mbliss11 wrote on 2021-07-18, 20:39:

I still plan on throwing the orpheus into one of my other socket7 systems but really wish I could have used it in the dell as it has become my primary DOS machine.

I think I can pre-announce that the upcoming version of ORPHINIT will include support for another initialisation method, which should allow us to get around this problem. We should be able to provide instructions within the next few weeks. So, as long as you don't mind following a new procedure and trying a new release (which may not work perfectly on the first try), your wish to use the Orpheus with that Dell machine will likely be granted.

Oh wow that would be amazing!!! Very much looking forward to trying this! Thank you all so much for your efforts!

Reply 719 of 1061, by RockstarRunner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can I just say, that the Orpheus is awesome!
I've just managed to set mine up, alongside an AWE64 and a Vortex 2. The Orpheus has a Dream blaster X2 on it, and the orpheus' hard mpu connected to my Sound Canvas and MT32L. And it all just works! 😆