First post, by Major Jackyl
- Rank
- Member
I've been hoarding this "PC Card Drive" for YEARS, still don't know what connector goes in the back. Haven't been able to find anything about it at all, really. It Is a Data I/O (Redmond, WA) Model CARDPRO2-INT P/n 993-0001-001 and was built by Pamela (useless, but the sticker says so, 🤣).
My questions are thus:
1. How would I go about plugging it into something? Just to even see lights would be O.K.
2. What would've been the typical usage for such a device? Storage PCMCIA cards? Data Transfers? Does it seriously just add PCMCIA to desktop?!?
I only have one PCMCIA card left (from the generation), it is a 56k modem.
Is there any point to this thing or is it just bay-filler/oddware?
I don't have much experience with PCMCIA, but am reading up on it now, some reading suggestions would be fine, too!
Thanks for checking it out!
Daily Units:
ASUS P55TVP4, P-MMX233, Matrox2064W, CT2770
ABIT IS7, P43.2(SL7E6), PNY6600GTS, Audigy(0090)
ASUS M2N-SLI, A64X2-5600+, EVGA 8600GTx2, Audigy2(0240)
ASUS ST-990FX, FX-8350, MSI GTX760x2, SB X-Fi(0460)
MSI Z690, i9-12900K, MSI RTX3090, SB AE-7