VOGONS

First post, by vannevar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello and congratulations for having thought of and creating a program like dosbox.

I have a problem with a program that I use to keep track of my products.
The program is written by a Greek company and is entirely in Greek.
When I load it I can't read a single letter of the screen, all the letters are like chinese.
I have winXP and tried both dosbox 0.63 and 0.65.
I have a screen capture which I am attaching in case it helps you.

Although I am a huge fan of old dos games and I appreciate a lot the usefulness of dosbox in playing them, this is much more important to me than playing and I would appreciate it very much if you could help me solve my problem.

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    Filename
    capture.jpg
    File size
    74.82 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 6, by vannevar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you VERY much.
I instantly solved the problem, but now I came up with another one.
I can't type in Greek.
I haven't had much time to search for a solution. If I can't make it work by tomorrow I will post here again.

THANKS again

Reply 4 of 6, by Akragantas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello to all and my congrats to the programmers of this wonderful program!

Please I want your help. Like the friend above I run DOSBOX with a Greek Dos program and I cannot
see the letters right. I am running dosbox on a Macbook pro with OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and I cannot
find any greek font for mac dosbox in google search....any help?

Reply 6 of 6, by Akragantas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Finally I found solution. I download a font from here: http://www.hri.org/culture97/fonts.html#dos
,I select the "Greek on MS-DOS machines" and download the zip file. After this I put this file on the same
folder as my program. I run the font with DOSBOX first and then my program on the same root and I can read Greek!

Thanks.