VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kinz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to play Archimedean Dynasty (Schleichfahrt in german) with Dosbox 0.70. I had to use another executable (sfd4g.ex) than the usual sf.exe but with that it was not necessary replace the dos extender. I even have sound!

But I have some problems with my jostick. I connected my MS Sidewinder to my Creative Audigy gameport. Windows recognizes the joystick and shows an OK behind the entry in the gamecontroller settings. But when I start dosbox, there is no "using joystick..." message and the game doesn't detect the stick. Curiously that can be avoided, when I plug in an additional usb game controller?!?

When I start the game I am now able to calibrate my joystick. But in the game the calibration is quite bad. My submarine is always steering to te lower left. That also happens with an usb gamepad.

I still have my additional onboard soundcard activated, which has it's own gameport.

Any suggestions?

Reply 1 of 4, by kinz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello again,

I plugged my Joystick in the additional onboard gameport and now I get the "using Joystick..." message. But calibration is still bad.

My workaround now was to fix the joystick.cfg file in which archimedean dynasty (AD) saves the calibration information. I had to decode it myself with try and error and a hex editor. But now it works just fine for me. Beautiful game!

Thanx to the dosbox team.

Reply 3 of 4, by kinz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for my late answer. Thanx to my Spam-Filter!

I didn't try with 0.65, because http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?s … rch=archimedean said, it wasn't supported. I will try soon...

Thanks for your answer.

Reply 4 of 4, by narf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello kinz,

i'm having the same problem calibrating my joystick. i'm very interested in how you managed to change the settings in your joystick.conf.

or even better: could you upload your joystick.conf (to rapidshare or something like that) ? perhaps it works for me too.

would be really great.

regards
narf

//edit: i managed to get the joystick to work. i edited the dosbox.conf manually like this (but i'm not sure which of the options really made the difference):

[joystick]
joysticktype=2axis
timed=false
autofire=false
swap34=true
buttonwrap=true