VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just thought maybe I should let the people in charge of the forum know that the zetafleet link says "zetafleet.dom". The link takes you there, but it looks bad. This might seem like nitpicking, but it's on the bottom of every page, so, meh.

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions

Reply 3 of 7, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I always thought it was deliberate, for domain.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 4 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

hmm yes now I see it as well.
I could change it, but I don't know if it is intentional to be honest.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 7, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Case solved! I thought we'd gone over this before at some point.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 6 of 7, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I though you might have but I don't know how to search for that. I just thought you might not know and might want to know. trying to be helpful 😀

How to become a hacker

Reply 7 of 7, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've taken another look at zetafleet.com and I've read that other thread and I have 3 things to say:

1. I don't think it's a portal; what's it supposed to be a portal to? the other sites? oh well
2. I would like to thank Mr. Snover on behalf of everyone for this forum, and
3. in keeping with numbers 1 and 2, I think you should put VOGONS on your site list; as I said somewhere else, I haven't been on forums much, but this one seems really good (it may just be the people 😀)

BTW, great avatar (Mr. Snover)
but the "classification" or whatever underneath it... it was funny, then it was amusing, then it was just interesting and now... it makes me feel uncomfortable-- not because of the connotation but because it makes me feel like I'm watching a tired SNL skit (or worse, MadTV)
also if it's domain as in a domain has domain names then, why? do we need another general TLD? I know technically there are none, but everyone acts like .net and the country TLDs are general, so effectively they are

How to become a hacker