VOGONS

SCC-1 cable

Topic actions

First post, by proffrink

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, sorry for making a thread about something so trivial, but here goes. A while back I bought a Roland SCC-1 sound card off eBay for $90 or so. While the description when it was listed said that it came with both mini-DIN to DIN adapter cables, the fellow later clarified that he could only find one cable (the IN cable), so only one would be included. By then, I had already bid on the card, plus I didn't think I would need it (or would be able to find or build a replacement). Months of searching the Internet has unfortunately uncovered no solutions. So, does anyone have any pinouts or schematics for this missing cable, or (fat chance) a spare cable they would be willing to sell? Thanks.

Reply 2 of 5, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, as I see it you have two options:

1. Make your own converter using trial and error, or
2. Buy something like this:
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?c … uct=14659&nav=4

The converter cables work perfectly. Alternatively, you can try to whine to Creative's tech support that you lost a cable and if they could kindly send you one. Probably won't work, and definitely won't if you mention Roland. You could try your luck on eBay for used Live! or Audigy cards that come with the cables.

Why do you need two converter cables by the way?

Reply 3 of 5, by Silent Loon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had the same problem. As Great Hierophant mentioned those cables were included with some versions of the Live! and Audigy cards, primarily with the "platinum" series containing the "Live Drive" front panel. Unfortunately those cards are still not very cheap at ebay.
But there was one version of the Live! that was only bundled with a digital extension and still included a pair of those midi adapters.
That's the one with version number CT4760 (soundcard) and CT4660 (digital i/o). I got mine with the midi cables for around 12$ at ebay.
Many people didn't care about the adapters. The guy I got mine from didn't even unwrap them all those years.

Reply 4 of 5, by proffrink

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone, I really appreciate it. As to why I need two, well, I had the idea that I would hook up a midi keyboard to the IN part of it and have the midi out go to an external sequencer or MT-32 (or both). So when I discovered that I would -need- both adapters to do that, I was a little peeved (didn't know much about MIDI at the time). I'm guessing that the pinout on both cables is the same (just a standard male 5-pin mini-DIN to female 5-pin DIN; I really don't know as much as I'm pretending to know). I think I'll take the Silent Loon's advice and pick up one of those Live! cards he mentioned, that sounds like the cheapest solution.

Reply 5 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got my scc1 without any cables , I just got a pair from eBay for 10-15eur total...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website