VOGONS

First post, by iittech082581

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone, i am having a weird issue that seems to be unique, i can find it or search for it anywhere on vogons. When i try to install redneck rampage or the sequel, rides again, it brings up the install app and tells me i don't have enough hard disk space. I have about 576 GB free! Originally i was doing this with dosbox in vista ultimate 64-bit. I went on my laptop which is just xp 32-bit and get the same thing. This doesn't happen with my other dos games. It seems to be an issue specific to redneck rampage. I'm not sure what has changed as i used to be able to use redneck rampage. Then i started thinking maybe the newer version requires you to establish hdd space just for dosbox. Not knowing how i would do this I tried older versions of dosbox (.71 and .70) on the xp system, but still got the same thing. What makes this situation even more odd is i never used to get this, which is why i tried the older versions. The only thing i can think is they have changed something about dosbox (new and older versions) that i don't know how to configure. i am completely perplexed by this....it makes no sense. If anyone has any ideas please, please, i would greatly appreciate any info. Please.

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Use the --freesize parameter in DOSBox. By default DOSBox only shows 110meg of free space on mounted drives.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2008-08-04, 16:22. Edited 2 times in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

(next time, try a few paragraphs breaks. my head turned blue trying read your post)

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by iittech082581

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I apologize, i tend to ramble and not punctuate. Thank you for your replies....and i will try the freesize parameter, thanks for telling me about it. I just wonder how i was able to install rr before without utilizing that.