DOS Box Commander [new Frontend]

General information and assistance with DOSBox.

DOS Box Commander [new Frontend]

Postby Barklett » 2008-8-19 @ 20:43

Hi!

First of all, please excuse my english. It's not my mother tongue.
Second, I don't know, if this topic is placed in the right forum, because it is not a development for the dosbox itself.

DOS Box Commander is a Windows .NET Application, which should make it easy to launch different DOS games / applications in a DOSBox with different settings.

Configurations can be set to each application or a folder (group of applications / other folders). Each child inherts the configuration of it's parent unless it's redefined by the child itself.

I wrote the commander myself (although I'm a software developer this was written in my spare time).
At the moment there is no helpfile available - and this may not change (because no one reads helpfiles!) - The program should be self explaining.

Feel free to test my commander and please give me some feedback (e.g. on bugs or features).

Barklett
Attachments
DOSBoxCommander.zip
(86.49 KiB) Downloaded 1935 times
Last edited by Barklett on 2008-8-19 @ 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Barklett

Re: DOS Box Commander

Postby Barklett » 2008-8-19 @ 20:56

Again...

After reading my topic I decided to add some screenshots for better understanding...

To make it compatible with future conf files (future versions of DOSBox), the conf file itself can be redefined (screenshot 2 shows the sections of the current conf file).

again - feel free to use it.

Barklett
Attachments
dosbox4.JPG
but all other settings are inherited from its parents
(87.63 KiB) Downloaded 1179 times
dosbox3.JPG
The application "Empty DOSBox" only overrides the configuration "fullscreen"
(55 KiB) Downloaded 1144 times
dosbox2.JPG
The DOSBox Path must contain the DOSBox Allications. Use the .. to browse to the correct file.
dosbox2.JPG (29.89 KiB) Viewed 9224 times
dosbox1.jpg
dosbox1.jpg (31.94 KiB) Viewed 9224 times
Barklett

Return to DOSBox General