First post, by Snover
WARNING! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL VDMSOUND 2.1.0 ON AN NT4 MACHINE UNTIL THIS MESSAGE IS REMOVED!
Public beta version of VDMSound 2.1 has been RELEASED!
07/05/2003 VDMSound 2.1.0 ----------------- What's new: - dual-OPL2 and OPL3 emulation (Jarek Burczynski) - Tip of the Day re […]
- dual-OPL2 and OPL3 emulation (Jarek Burczynski)
- Tip of the Day removed
- New installer system (NSIS; Colin Snover)
- LaunchPad "Run with VDMS" replaces legacy "Run with VDMS"
- Output to disk now incorporated into LaunchPad
- PUSHF/CLI/POPF workaround now incorporated into LaunchPad
- MIDI-in now incorporated into LaunchPad
- OPL2/dual-OPL2/OPL3 auto-detection based on DSP (SoundBlaster card) selected in LaunchPad
- Run the brand spankin' new installer,
reboot when prompted,
- PATH environment variable does not update correctly until Windows is restarted.
- DiskWriter module causes an error in thread 0 ((null)).
- OPL3 emulation may generate incorrect sound.
- Old installations may not be correctly detected and removed.
- XP themes cause graphical anomalies in the Launchpad.
- Overwrites NT4 files with incompatible XP versions, causing NT4 to bluescreen on every subsequent reboot.
- PATH environment variable gets broken somehow in the install (paths are still in the variable but they are not checked when typing a command).
- No tooltip when mousing over "Optional Modules" or "Help Files".
- SAPUCDEX now works.
Yes, it’s my fault.