Public beta version of VDMSound 2.1 has been RELEASED!
- dual-OPL2 and OPL3 emulation (Jarek Burczynski)
- Tip of the Day removed
- New installer system (NSIS; Colin Snover)
- LaunchPad "Run with VDMS" replaces legacy "Run with VDMS"
- Output to disk now incorporated into LaunchPad
- PUSHF/CLI/POPF workaround now incorporated into LaunchPad
- MIDI-in now incorporated into LaunchPad
- OPL2/dual-OPL2/OPL3 auto-detection based on DSP (SoundBlaster card) selected in LaunchPad
- Run the brand spankin' new installer,
reboot when prompted,
- PATH environment variable does not update correctly until Windows is restarted.
- DiskWriter module causes an error in thread 0 ((null)).
- OPL3 emulation may generate incorrect sound.
- Old installations may not be correctly detected and removed.
- XP themes cause graphical anomalies in the Launchpad.
- Overwrites NT4 files with incompatible XP versions, causing NT4 to bluescreen on every subsequent reboot.
- PATH environment variable gets broken somehow in the install (paths are still in the variable but they are not checked when typing a command).
- No tooltip when mousing over "Optional Modules" or "Help Files".
- SAPUCDEX now works.