VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've taken a huge hiatus from my retro gaming goodness 🙁 I fell into a spat there for a year or so where I was going on Gamestop Gaming horde runs! Stupid Friday coupons and the Edge card were the death of me! So now I've built up my console collection quite a bit, mainly PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube, although I still have some love for my roots: NES and SNES.

Anyway, that's another story. I've moved into a new house w/ a way bigger office so I'm going to be picking up this little bomb of a return (ie. "L") desk. The Cost/Quality is amazing, I've already been to a majority of the furniture stores in town and this one is hands down the best. The problem with all the other return desks I saw (other than price/quality) was the fact that they didn't have a wide keyboard/mouse pull out. They only had enough room for the keyboard... so the mouse would have to have been on a different part of the furniture. Talk about screwed up ergonomics!! 😖 Anyway, check out this beauty: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do? … t=5&item=375112
whalenreturn.jpg

So I'm looking forward to setting up my new and retro PCs on the same 'desk'.

Also since I've moved, it's given me a good opportunity to go thru all my stuff, so I'm sure I'll be de-cluttering a lot of my office and will probably be selling off some of my games, stay tuned!

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 2 of 12, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If your going to put things on that desk like computers and such I'd get a rubber mat or something so it doesn't get scratched up.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 12, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Really pretty looking desk you got there!
Not sure what a 'Return' desk means, tho... 😕
(never heard that term before)

But, to me it seems somewhat painful to work at/with - no height adjustment, and those drawers underneath to bang your thighs/knees against.... and little leg room(stretch), as well as that curved support plate hindering movement, IMHO

oh well, don't mind my ramblings - it IS very pretty indeed, so... 😊

Reply 5 of 12, by temptingthelure

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yeah, i mean, someone one time mentioned that it's sad that these days most dekstops are just placeholders for desktop computers. 😁 So you don't actually see the desktop itself anymore. 😜

Rise of the Triad modding site!
http://rott.s4.bizhat.com

Reply 7 of 12, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mike 01Hawk, your new computer desk looks super! It looks majestic, fit for a gaming king such as yourself! it has that "professional," executive feel to it! And isn't it so nice to have a spacious office? You're in Gaming Heaven! Enjoy!

Last edited by Kelly Stiver on 2009-07-05, 09:10. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 9 of 12, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks guys.

The quest to find this desk was a major PITA!!! I call up the local store, they say they have stock. I drive down, they do NOT 😠 I'm assuming the lazy customer service rep didn't match the item # to their stock, or were just lazy, who knows. And they wouldn't order me one. See here's the deal, you can have it shipped to you for $250 or you can pick one up from the store for free shipping 😀 I come to find out that it sounds like they are discontinuing the item 😳

So... being the hardheaded person I am since I'm bound and determined to acquire one of these desks, I go home and find the next closest warehouse that has one. Yeah... so there I am, driving 1.5 hours one way to Fort Smith Arkansas to snatch up the last desk they had.

Holy heck this thing is a beast. I need to move it in the office, but to do so I'll need to take it apart again.

Hopefully I'll have pics up this weekend.

Davros I'm solely a keyboard/mouse guy 😀

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 12 of 12, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just guess that's the official name of an "L" desk <shrug>