I'm getting rid of old hardware

Topic actions

First post, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everyone,

like many retro-gamers I've accumulated lots of old crap, now it's time to get rid of it.

If you're interested in any of these items, please contact me via PM. It's yours for the cost of postage.
I'm located in Europe and will try to send packages anywhere as cheaply as possible, but please keep in mind that shipping overseas might cost more than the hardware is worth.
The listed hardware has been briefly tested for basic function and works. Exchangeable parts (like batteries, fans, etc...) may be worn down and need replacement.

I'll keep this list updated... 😀

Mainboards

Slot 1
Asus P2B-LS rev. 1.04, Intel 440BX
Asus P2B-DS rev. 1.06, Intel 440BX

Socket A
Gigabyte GA-7ZXE rev. 1.1 VIA KT133A (alas, no ISA slot on this one)

CPUs

Socket 3
AMD 486DX2 SV8B 66 MHz (Note: 3.3V CPU)

Socket 5
Intel Pentium SY022 133 MHz
Intel Pentium SY016 166 MHz

Socket 7
Intel Pentium MMX SL27K 166 MHz

Slot-1
3x Intel Pentium III SL37D 500 MHz

Video cards

PCI
ExpertColor S3 Trio64V+ 2 MB

AGP
ATI 3D Rage 128 Pro 16 MB
Elsa Gloria III Quadro 2 Pro 64 MB

Sound cards

PCI
Creative Soundblaster PCI 128 CT4750

Network cards

PCI
3Com Fast EtherLink XL 3C905B-TX

If you have questions or want to see photos, feel free to ask!

Last edited by 5u3 on 2010-04-30, 11:54. Edited 8 times in total.

Reply 2 of 31, by batracio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi 5u3, a picture of both slockets would be nice. About those Coppermine CPUs, have you ever tried the Celeron 667@1000 MHz and the P-III 650@866 MHz? If so, did they work stable enough?

PS: I guess that SB CT1750 does have a buggy DSP, doesn't it?

Reply 3 of 31, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
batracio wrote:

Hi 5u3, a picture of both slockets would be nice.

Here you are. Click on the pictures to see larger versions.

AOpen FC-PGA slotket adapter:

AOpen_FC-PGA_tn.jpg

JP7 is for setting either 100MHz or Auto FSB. The other jumpers are not described anywhere on the unit.

"AA370TS" slotket adapter:

AA370TS_tn.jpg
Jumper settings are self-explanatory 😉

batracio wrote:

About those Coppermine CPUs, have you ever tried the Celeron 667@1000 MHz and the P-III 650@866 MHz? If so, did they work stable enough?

Nope. I just tested if they POST on standard settings.

batracio wrote:

PS: I guess that SB CT1750 does have a buggy DSP, doesn't it?

Yes. This is a CT17xx range card with the "hanging notes bug".

Reply 5 of 31, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd like to get my hands on a 1000MHz Slot A Athlon that's not Tbird. Those were rather groundbreaking even if they are kinda slow cuz of the reduced L2 multiplier that AMD had to go with.

Those are definitely not cheap and are rare.

Reply 8 of 31, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
batracio wrote:

Oh, someone stole my stuff! 😠

First come, first serve. 😜

batracio wrote:

Can I have both Slockets, Celeron Coppermine, ET6000 VGA and Ovislink NIC?

Sure! You've got PM.

Reply 10 of 31, by batracio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying, the package itself arrived in good contition, and everything seems to be right, but I haven't had time to properly test the items. I received three packages with several computer parts in a few days, so I've been quite busy. Anyway, thank you very much for the giveaway. I hope the Celeron 667 will overclock to 1000 (my 600 always failed at 950).

Reply 11 of 31, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can find most if not all of the LEGACY components from Aopen on their Museum site.

As for that AW200 Sound card, here are the details. 😀

It's a Realtek Sound Processor...

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 12 of 31, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
batracio wrote:

I hope the Celeron 667 will overclock to 1000 (my 600 always failed at 950).

Nice to hear that your stuff arrived OK. Good luck with the massive celeron overclock!

@BigBodZod
Thanks for the info about the AW200 card. I looked anywhere on the net for info, but didn't think of AOpen's own HP... 🙄

Reply 13 of 31, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
5u3 wrote:
Nice to hear that your stuff arrived OK. Good luck with the massive celeron overclock! […]
Show full quote
batracio wrote:

I hope the Celeron 667 will overclock to 1000 (my 600 always failed at 950).

Nice to hear that your stuff arrived OK. Good luck with the massive celeron overclock!

@BigBodZod
Thanks for the info about the AW200 card. I looked anywhere on the net for info, but didn't think of AOpen's own HP... 🙄

The only reason I remember is that for about 8 years I purchased and then worked for a local part supplier that was a Gold Member Reseller of Aopen, I still have most of this infomation lying about in bookmarks and hardcopies 😉

We also sold a ton of Asus components too, some Gigabyte and MSI as well, but we shied away from manufacturers like ECS and their OEM rebranded labels like PC Chips, Matsonic, et.al.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 14 of 31, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Update:
The Asus P5A and one of the GeForce 2 GTS cards are gone.

Good news: I found another carton box full of old hardware while cleaning up in the cellar. As soon as I'm through testing, I'll post it here. Stay tuned!

Reply 15 of 31, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Updated the list (see first post). Unfortunately most of the stuff I found was dead, but I found a few CPUs, two BX boards and a Quadro2 card which still work.

Reply 17 of 31, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Shipping rates for destinations outside Europe:

Parcels up to
1 kg: € 11.00
2 kg: € 17.60
3 kg: € 25.71

This is without any insurance, shipping times can take up to a month.

Reply 19 of 31, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The CXT-core K6-2s were popular "upgrade"-CPUs, because they work in many plain Socket 7 boards.

The board only has to deliver a CPU voltage around 2.2V (a little more is no problem). Some old boards lack BIOS support for the extended CPU features (e.g.: write-combining), but that can be fixed with software tools.
When you set the multiplier to 2x, it gets remapped to 6x, so it is possible to run 400 MHz on a standard 66 MHz FSB.